"House of KLM" - Crown Lounge redesign

Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:49 am

Tried to get in just right now. What a zoo! Had to leave after circling the place 2 times with no success to find a seat. I am connecting from a Schengen flight. Will they let me back into the Schengen zone to use the Crown lounge there?

Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh boy!

Are you sure that picture doesn't show an emergency evacuation assembly point?

Johan
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by aviationbuff
Tried to get in just right now. What a zoo! Had to leave after circling the place 2 times with no success to find a seat. I am connecting from a Schengen flight. Will they let me back into the Schengen zone to use the Crown lounge there?

Did you go upstairs or in to the room on the other side of reception?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by criced
Did you go upstairs or in to the room on the other side of reception?
I did, no luck. There was even a queue at the self-service machines to get into the lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:54 am

I did, no luck. There was even a queue at the self-service machines to get into the lounge.
This lounge will always be crowded before lunch because of all the US-departures KLM and Delta has
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by criced
This lounge will always be crowded before lunch because of all the US-departures KLM and Delta has
And they said they had increased capacity from 800 to 1400 seats....mind boggling!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The construction work is not yet completed. The full capacity of the lounge will be available in the summer.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

wow. I was there from about 11 am to 1230 pm on Feb 6. Fair amount of space downstairs, ‘empty’ upstairs.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Ditto
There is also a 'shortcut' from departures 2, you can stay on the top floor and take the corridor on the left towards where the first aid is
Does that shortcut still work, following the lounge redesign?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Status of showers?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Status of showers?
As of last week "summer"

Hadn't paid attention to this thread, so this was a pleasant surprise. Also was admitted after J TATL, so was a good bonus. Sad no showers though.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I was lucky to avoid the morning rush on my 1st visit (early evening departure). I must say I was very impressed. Design, spaces, catering, atmosphere, all above my expectations. I think it's a question of gritting teeth until both halves are complete and joined. Once that has happened I think KLM can be quite proud of the results.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Status of showers?
Mercure shows are in use. Think KLM have 4. Wait can be 10-120mins, just hit or miss. The proper showers are apparently ready during the summer.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by highlander100
Mercure shows are in use. Think KLM have 4. Wait can be 10-120mins, just hit or miss. The proper showers are apparently ready during the summer.
I was in for the first time on Friday evening. Very crowded, but that may have been due to all the weather. I was peering at a notice about showers coming soon when one of the help staff volunteered that currently they are using eight of the Mercure showers, and that there will be 25 showers when all is completed (or perhaps that last bit was on the notice - my flight was very delayed by then and I had been learning how to pour my own Heineken. What was wrong with the push-button machines?).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Beautiful but too crowded

Hi,
I had a morning flight yesterday to the US and visited the new lounge first time yesterday. I did read about it being crowded, but did not expect it to be so crowded that it was really standing room only. Hopefully this will be solved with when the other section opens later close to summer. I did hear a lot of comments from different KLM personnel walking around commenting on how busy it was and that there were more in flow rather than out flow.
My impression - I am impressed - really liked how they have turned it into a sort of KLM memorabilia deco with some Dutch touches. All in all, I do like how they have done up the place - only thing is that they should have maybe reduced the different sections which at the end of the day will be quite useless since each of these 'sections' will not be able to support the number of people wanting to be at a particular section.

Cheers!

Here are some photos which I took during my visit. Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.