Which lounge in LIN?

Old Jan 18, 17, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Which lounge in LIN?

Am a KL newbie. Flying Business LIN (Milan)-AMS-EDI.

I know about the lounges in AMS, but I can't find definitive info on LIN. The KL website lists two lounges there - Manzoni and Welcome - but no current lounge database lists lounges by those names there. Does KL actually use a lounge at LIN for Business class pax?
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The Skyteam & Alitalia's websites have information about the lounges as they're AZ operated lounges.

The lounges & their hours are:
Linate, Milano CASA ALITALIA MILANO Uscite A17-A21, Livello 1 5.30 - 22.00
Linate, Milano CASA ALITALIA MILANO Livello 0 5.00 - 22.00
Old Mar 2, 17, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
To answer my long-ago question, the KL check-in agent directed me to the Casa Alitalia Milano lounge on Level 0. It's a small lounge with a decent amount of sunlight and view of the apron. It has some 60s-ish style to it. The food amenities at breakfast were meager with some carb-heavy choices. The one big plus is the coffee bar with a dedicated human coffee preparer. I've never seen that in an airport lounge before.

A sort of unrelated note, the KL check-in counters at LIN are hard to find. When you enter the ticket hall where most of the entrances and counters are, you'd be tempted to go to the "Sky Team" counters only to be told they're only for Alitalia flights. The KL counters are not in the hall with most others but technically in "Check-in Area 1." After you enter, you turn right and then turn right again into another wing of the building and the KL counters are at the far west end of that building wing.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Mar 28, 17 at 2:49 pm Reason: grm
Old Mar 3, 17, 7:25 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
To answer my long-ago question, the KL check-in agent directed me to the Casa Alitalia Milano lounge on Level 0. It's a small lounge with a decent amount of sunlight and view of the apron. It has some 60s-ish style to it. The food amenities at breakfast were meager with some carb-heavy choices. The one big plus is the coffee bar in with a dedicated human coffee preparer. I've never seen that in an airport lounge before.

A sort of unrelated note, the KL check-in counters at LIN are hard to find. When you enter the ticket hall where most of the entrances and counters are, you'd be tempted to go to the "Sky Team" counters only to told they're only for Alitalia flights. The KL counters are not in the hall with most others but technically in "Check-in Area 1." After you enter, you turn right and then turn right again into another wing of the building and the KL counters are at the far west end of that building wing.
Thanks for this info, have a LIN-AMS flight on KL this weekend. Regarding the coffee bar, it is the same also at AZ's Schengen lounge in FCO. The non-Schengen Casa Alitalia in FCO is nice, like a smaller scale EY F lounge. There the expresso machine is a beauty!
Old Mar 3, 17, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
The one big plus is the coffee bar in with a dedicated human coffee preparer. I've never seen that in an airport lounge before.
It's not very common, but exists in most AZ lounges in FCO, and I've also seen it in other lounges outside Europe.
Old Mar 3, 17, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
It's not very common, but exists in most AZ lounges in FCO, and I've also seen it in other lounges outside Europe.
Indeed - and in all AZ lounges at FCO. Bizarrely, we also have a manned bar in the airport-managed lounge here in GDN.

G

Search this Thread