Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trade duplicate KLM houses in lounge 52

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was last in line for a house in a full WBC cabin yesterday, but there was still a #99 on the tray, even though the FA had actively been promoting them to all and sundry.

Johan
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Any update if the 'exchanging of houses' in Lounge 52 is still available as of November 2018?

(picked a duplicate one by mistake last week)

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
Any update if the 'exchanging of houses' in Lounge 52 is still available as of November 2018?

Thanks!
Last week it still was. Just approach the staff right behind the registration desk.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL

Thanks!
Just wondering if it is still the case now, with the lounge redesign since last December?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:11 pm
MRC

Programs: Flying Blue PE, Garuda FF Gold, Shangr-La Gold, KrisFlyer SQ
Yes it is
NickB and skycruiserNL like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MRC
Yes it is
Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by NickB
Just wondering if it is still the case now, with the lounge redesign since last December?
You have to register (like taking a number old school) at a kiosk, but once you go over to the desks (a makeshift affair because they forgot to make a real service desk) and show that you only want to exchange a house they will let you jump the queue. Many people there have time-consuming problems (overbooking, cancellations, reroutings) and exchanging a house literally takes 2 minutes.
NickB likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbams
they forgot to make a real service desk
They forgot? They forgot?

Surely they had a small army of well-paid architects and interior designers working on that lounge for years?

Johan
arjen05 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by johan rebel
They forgot? They forgot?

Surely they had a small army of well-paid architects and interior designers working on that lounge for years?

Johan
Well I believe the official stand is that they didn't want one. The agents would miraculously find you in the lounge and come to your table and fix your problems there and then. It seems that in reality they like having a desk, so 2 or 3 tables are signed "For KLM agents only" and they do their thing there.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbams
The agents would miraculously find you in the lounge and come to your table and fix your problems there and then.

What a brilliant idea!

They could save a lot of space by emulating this elsewhere: check-in, bag-drop and boarding gate desks could all be removed, the agents could just miraculously find passengers and bags whereever they are, their esteemed customers would never have to stand in line anymore.

Heck, this might even work at security! Agents could miraculously find you whereever you are and inspect your carry-ons on the spot.

Johan
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by johan rebel

What a brilliant idea!

They could save a lot of space by emulating this elsewhere: check-in, bag-drop and boarding gate desks could all be removed, the agents could just miraculously find passengers and bags whereever they are, their esteemed customers would never have to stand in line anymore.

Heck, this might even work at security! Agents could miraculously find you whereever you are and inspect your carry-ons on the spot.

Johan
They can already, at least when you're using the KLM app. As soon as it's my DOD I've got the GPS symbol showing up in my iPhone screen to announce that KLM is tracking
vinnyc likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Anyone knows if this "exchanging of houses" is still available at the lounge??
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Yes! You can still trade houses in lounge 52. I think it is to stay.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
I suddenly got quite a few new houses for my collection, which include some duplicates (two #64 , one #38 and one #1 ). All from 2008-2009 except for one #64 from 2003. Can I still exchange them at the lounge, or someone knows any groups/pages where I can put them for trade?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I flew to Mex 2 weeks ago on KLM Biz and when I was checking the numbers of the houses, they told me that it was possible to exchange these at the lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.