FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   New Destinations from AMS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1808892-new-destinations-ams.html)

AlicorporateUK Dec 15, 2016 7:29 am

New Destinations from AMS

As per title (and with my apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere), KL will add the following routes in the months to come -

CAG, CTA, GDN, GRZ, AGP, OPO, SPU

Link for schedules & time-tables.

I'm personally very happy about GDN (the choice of both *A & ST for my weekly commute comes particularly handy!), which becomes the third Polish city served by KL, undoubtedly a very welcome addition to the Sky Team network (LH and especially SK both currently have a significant number of daily flights to/from their hubs).

G

irishguy28 Dec 15, 2016 7:53 am

CAG and CTA?

They're not divorcing from AZ, are they? :D:D:D

Surprised that they haven't announced the purported new MXP flights, too...

AlicorporateUK Dec 15, 2016 8:12 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27615461)
CAG and CTA?

They're not divorcing from AZ, are they? :D:D:D

Surprised that they haven't announced the purported new MXP flights, too...

I'd not be surprised if the AZ code-share will be added at later stage :D

Concerning MXP - I thought exactly the same!

G

fifty_two Dec 15, 2016 8:51 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 27615370)

I'm personally very happy about GDN (the choice of both *A & ST for my weekly commute comes particularly handy!), which becomes the third Polish city served by KL, undoubtedly a very welcome addition to the Sky Team network (LH and especially SK both currently have a significant number of daily flights to/from their hubs).

G

Good for you , because except SK and LH , i dont see any convienient way to reach gdn from other european countries , as i know that you dont like to use LC carriers

At least you will not always have to pass by WAW

tobitronics Dec 15, 2016 10:46 am

Also happy about GDN, gives me a solid, closer (and cheaper!) KL/ST alternative to WAW when visiting my family in Poland :)

johan rebel Dec 16, 2016 12:50 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 27615370)
I'm personally very happy about GDN

I have quite a number of colleagues who would agree, but only if KL were to offer a morning flight out of GDN and an afternoon flight back. Until then, they will have to continue detouring via CPH, FRA and MUC.

Johan

AlicorporateUK Dec 16, 2016 2:22 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 27619564)
I have quite a number of colleagues who would agree, but only if KL were to offer a morning flight out of GDN and an afternoon flight back. Until then, they will have to continue detouring via CPH, FRA and MUC.

Johan

Agreed. SK has, by far, the most fitting time-table, not to mention the hassle-free experience of connecting in CPH. Moreover, the 22:55 service means that you can have a full day at work virtually anywhere in Europe and arrive in CPH for the usual smooth transfer and in time for the last flight to GDN.

G

ANstar Dec 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Some of these might also be a jab at easyjet who opened a base in AMS in 2015 and already operate to CTA, AGP, OPO, SPU from AMS.

AGP might be a bit of a bloodbath
It used to be 3 x daily Transavia...

And now in addition to Transavia we will have Vueling, Easyjet, Ryanair AND KLM on the route.

AlicorporateUK Nov 25, 2018 10:37 am

Old thread but just to say that, as of May 2019, KLM will add the fourth destination to its Polish network and namely Wrocław (WRO — operational details as per below). Needless to say, a very welcome addition to a market largely dominated by Star Alliance and particularly Lufthansa, which currently serves several cities and, amongst those, ‘minor’ airports such as Rzeszów (RZE) & Bydgoszcz (BZG).

KL1272 AMS WRO 11:50 13:35 E75
KL1273 WRO AMS 14:05 15:55 E75

G

Goldorak Nov 25, 2018 11:59 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 30464359)
Old thread but just to say that, as of May 2019, KLM will add the fourth destination to its Polish network and namely Wrocław (WRO — operational details as per below). Needless to say, a very welcome addition to a market largely dominated by Star Alliance and particularly Lufthansa, which currently serves several cities and, amongst those, ‘minor’ airports such as Rzeszów (RZE) & Bydgoszcz (BZG).

G

AF is also launching this route from CDG.

AlicorporateUK Nov 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30464618)

AF is also launching this route from CDG.

Thanks. Is this on top of the service (AF1368/AF1369, operated by HOP!) which is already operating?

G

Goldorak Nov 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 30464707)
Thanks. Is this on top of the service (AF1368/AF1369, operated by HOP!) which is already operating?

no, that's it.

tropikey Dec 6, 2018 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 30464359)

G

There're more news. They'll add also 3rd daily flight to GDN :)
https://www.pasazer.com/mobi/news/40191/klm,bedzie,latal,trzy,razy,dziennie,z,gdanska.html

johan rebel Dec 7, 2018 12:36 am

And they are dropping Southampton.

Johan

AlicorporateUK Dec 7, 2018 1:37 am

Going back to Gdańsk, the extra flight will be an evening service arriving Schiphol at 8PM, particularly useful for connecting to those evening flights to UK/Southern Europe:

KL1921 AMS-GDN 15:55 17:35 E90
KL1922 GDN-AMS 18:05 20:00 E90

Starting from April 2019, Gdańsk will therefore have 3 services to Amsterdam (KLM), Munich & Frankfurt (Lufthansa), 4 services to Copenhagen (SAS) and of course 6 daily flights to Warsaw (LOT). By all means, a great achievement for the trójmiasto airport.

G