What's with KL and all the ETA glitches for travel to Canada?

Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by oidrees
folks,
try tweeting @KLM ; they respond superfast and will atleast get your concern over to IT
An airline would normally tell you "go to the airport early and an agent will be able to check you in". That's their solution.
It really should be the Canadian Government to provide a solution that allows PRs to use an eTA-like system. But I doubt that's even on their radar.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:41 am

OLCI for Canadian PRs is still not resolved. I entered my PR card details in the API weeks before departure, but still no OLCI for AMS-YUL last month.

When I asked at the check-in counter at AMS, the lady said that KLM does nothing with the API info and there is nothing planned for the foreseeable future to change this, so stop filling out info in the API section as it's wasted time and energy.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by uncomfortable
An airline would normally tell you "go to the airport early and an agent will be able to check you in". That's their solution.
It really should be the Canadian Government to provide a solution that allows PRs to use an eTA-like system. But I doubt that's even on their radar.
There are 3 options:
1) create a permanent record in the eTA servers for permanent residents
2) have airlines use the API system to obtain PR card in advance
3) reverse (cancel) the stupid eTA system all together
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Originally Posted by YogiB
There are 3 options:
1) create a permanent record in the eTA servers for permanent residents
2) have airlines use the API system to obtain PR card in advance
3) reverse (cancel) the stupid eTA system all together
Processing times have decreased a bit for PR cards but possession of the physical card is still a huge stumbling block for travel. It's 2019, CBSA should be tracking entries and exits electronically based on passenger name, dob & passport number. Basically we need to abolish the physical card, something touted years ago:

Abolish PR cards & implement a residency obligation amnesty

Back to KL, well if AC can allow me to input PR card information and check-in for my flight then KL should be able to aswell. It doesn't seem there is the motivation to do this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by majik
Processing times have decreased a bit for PR cards but possession of the physical card is still a huge stumbling block for travel. It's 2019, CBSA should be tracking entries and exits electronically based on passenger name, dob & passport number. Basically we need to abolish the physical card, something touted years ago:

Abolish PR cards & implement a residency obligation amnesty

Back to KL, well if AC can allow me to input PR card information and check-in for my flight then KL should be able to as well. It doesn't seem there is the motivation to do this.
1) I think you misunderstood me. PR processing times have nothing to do with it. You need a card and you need to plan it in advance (I already learned the hard way: lost all my FB points in the past since my application was in limbo). Whatever way the CBSA uses, the passenger still needs to prove to the airline they have everything needed to be accepted into the country.

2) KL does have the API forms if you log on to your electronic booking file, but - as a check-in agent told me - they are not using the info that is inputted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.