Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Powerplug on 737 not working due to 'test'

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Powerplug on 737 not working due to 'test'

Boarded the very full afternoon flight CPH-AMS today. Plug in my USB charger because the battery of my phone is almost dead. Green light on the plug, phone is charging all the way to the runway. As soon as they commence take off, the green light goes off. When service starts, I ask to please switch on the plugs again.

Now the rant starts: due to a test, they cannot switch on the plugs. And they bluntly tell me my phone was not being charged during taxiing. I respond a yes/no discussion is of no use as all, but at least tell me what you are testing?

"They did not tell us, we only received instructions to not switch on the plugs on flights we an even number."

Weird he? Well, after the flight, I catch up with a colleague who was on the same flight, on the opposite side of the aisle a few rows backward...and his phone was fully charged during the flight...as the plug was on all the time...

Why did the purser served me such a BS story over apparently just a broken plug at my seat? End of Rant.

In true FT spirit: what compensation should I demand from the twitter team?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
"They did not tell us, we only received instructions to not switch on the plugs on flights we an even number."
Count your blessings. At least they didn't try the same experiment with the engines.

Johan
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
In true FT spirit: what compensation should I demand from the twitter team?
To be honest I did not even know they had power sockets on the European flights. They dont even advertise it anywhere so you would not have any luck claiming. But than again you could give it a try. I would claim the following: full iPhone battery charge is less than 0.01 kWh at the current Dutch price of approx 17 cent per kWh you could claim 0.17 eurocents or 0.0017 euro.

Just kidding but since they don't advertise it you cant expect and therefor probably can't claim it.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan88
They dont even advertise it anywhere so you would not have any luck claiming.
They do:

"Europe Business Class

On board

•In-seat power on our Boeing 737-700, -800 and -900 aircraft
"

Source

Depending on where the cabin divider is located, the first few rows of Economy may benefit as well.

Johan
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
They do:

"Europe Business Class

On board

•In-seat power on our Boeing 737-700, -800 and -900 aircraft
"

Source

Depending on where the cabin divider is located, the first few rows of Economy may benefit as well.

Johan
Interestingly enough KLM seems to be also flying 787-900 in EBC
Attached Images  
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
The most useful thing to do is to log onto your KLM account, go into your booking sections and select the past trip and submit a complain.
It usually works well to stick to facts, emphasise on the that your seat was potentially a seat also used for business so it would be a good idea to get it fixed and say that the purser served you some ........ when you enquired about it.
At best you will get a few miles on your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.