Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:05 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Questions about KL0449 : ams-auh-mct

Hello

I have a question about the flight KL0449 , ams-auh-mct

I would like to try something and test the 787-9

A one way award ticket , with only hand luggage , from ams to mct and leave the plane in auh , cause award ticket cost twice for ams-auh than ams-mct

This case is a little bit different than skipping one segment of a ticket , but still i guess company will not agree for such thing.

Is the cabin crew doing some kind of controls between auh and mct ?

Also when you arrive at customs in AUH , do you need to show your boarding pass ?

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 2, 2016 at 10:12 am
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Flights from AMS to AUH cost from 20,000 miles.
Flights from AMS to MCT cost from 20,000 miles.

It does not seem to make sense that you are being charged twice the amount for one of these routes compared to the other on the same date. What date are you looking at?

You don't explain your "case", but it seems that you wish to travel further than the ticket/boarding pass that you hold. Be warned that you will NOT be allowed to travel on any segments for which you are not a ticketed passenger holding a valid boarding pass. If you are ticketed only to travel as far as Abu Dhabi, you will not be able to travel on the Abu Dhabi to Muscat sector - so don't even try.

(One wonders, anyway, what you intend to "test" on this short sector that you couldn't already test on the AMS-AUH sector. And given that your apparent goal is to "test" the 787, what does it matter which city you disembark at?

You also enquired about customs at AUH. You will only pass through customs at AUH if you are entering the United Arab Emirates - which, by definition, means that you are not travelling further, but actually entering the country)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You don't explain your "case", but it seems that you wish to travel further than the ticket/boarding pass that you hold. Be warned that you will NOT be allowed to travel on any segments for which you are not a ticketed passenger holding a valid boarding pass. If you are ticketed only to travel as far as Abu Dhabi, you will not be able to travel on the Abu Dhabi to Muscat sector - so don't even try.
It seems to me that the OP wants to skip the last segment, rather than travel both segments with a ticket only for the 1st as you seem to describe.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:58 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
You don't explain your "case",
A one way award ticket from ams to mct , with only hand luggage , and leave the plane in auh

Flights from AMS to AUH cost from 20,000 miles.
Flights from AMS to MCT cost from 20,000 miles.
Check the last promo awards and you will understand !

Originally Posted by alesfo
It seems to me that the OP wants to skip the last segment, rather than travel both segments with a ticket only for the 1st as you seem to describe.
And as it is not that obvious as a real mutli-segments trip, so i wanted to know if i can easily escape. I heard that passengers flying to/from mct on this flight are just required to stay in the plane (there should be some controls for people going further than AUH in both ways , but as this is not what i wanted so i dont worry about this)
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Upon disembarking at AUH boarding passes have to be shown to ground staff...
Lets say i would not do it. Soon you can experience 787 on a variety of destinations.
Or just book AUH-MCT ONE WAY OR RETURN
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:33 am

I travelled to Abu Dhabi multiple times, with the last time being in February. On none of our flights we were required to show our boarding passes upon disembarkation. Passengers continuing on to Bahrein (which currently is the final destination) are required to stay on the aircraft during the ground stop. When seated in WBC, the crew (generally) will know what your final destination is, so you probably won't be able to get off at Abu Dhabi. I don't know if they know when you're seated in economy though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.