Additional miles on Klm tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Additional miles on Klm tickets

The following article appeared in today's newspaper (sorry, in Dutch only):

https://www.schipholtickets.nl/acties/flying-blue-miles-actie

- 1FB award mile per spent euro (excl tax) on Klm tickets booked through schipholtickets.nl
- Max 1500 award miles per ticket
- valid from 23 may to 30 June

Nice, but in my view marginal.

- Amex FB cards have level AND award mile earning
- 1500 max per ticket on period from 23 may - 30 June will get you from nowhere to nowhere, or an upgrade from economy seat 52h to 52h - quite useless in my opinion
- most frequent travelers have their standard / preferred booking channel
- as mentioned the occasional travelers won't get anywhere with these miles

It would be nice if this would become standard policy for the bigger corporate travel agencies such as BCD...

At least sign of goodwill although limited..
Old May 23, 2015, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I would expect 30 June to be the booking deadline, and not for travel?

Must say I'm surprised that schipholtickets is FB partner, otherwise they wouldn't be able to award miles. What fees do they tack on the basic ticket prices?

Having corporate agencies award award miles would be nice but that is never going to happen. These agencies are generally not even trying the slightest to satisfy the pax - their main objective is to make sure they get/keep business. Which means a lot of lobbying, negotiating contracts and so on..

[edit]
They add 25 euro fees and optionally credit card fees too
You'll only get miles on the base fare, not on taxes
All flights need to be KL coded. While codeshares are allowed, it is not clear if mixed KL/AF/AZ/DL itineraries are allowed

Basically I would say that its not worth it. The miles one gets are worth much less than the fees they charge. There are other places where you can book without (or with lower) fees.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 23, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Old May 28, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Basically I would say that its not worth it. The miles one gets are worth much less than the fees they charge.
Indeed, it is really not worth it.

For a ticket of 250 EUR, the ticket price would be 100 EUR, so you would get 100 FB miles. For those 100 miles, you pay a booking charge of 25 EUR.

If you buy miles directly at FB (also not a good idea ) you would get 1000 miles for your 25 EUR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.