Search

KLM Lost and Found service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
KLM Lost and Found service

Originally Posted by KLM
KLM offers a unique Lost & Found service at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. A dedicated team is now on a mission to return items, found by cabin crew on board or by KLM airport staff, to their legitimate owners - as soon as possible.

Every week, KLM receives 40.000 questions via social media. One of the most asked questions is about getting lost items back. This inspired KLM to set up a dedicated Lost & Found team that uses all available information like seat number, phone numbers and public social media details to reunite passengers with their belongings.

Very often the Lost & Found team is able to surprise passengers by returning their personal belongings before they have even missed them. Despite the challenge of locating the owner, first results show that over 80% of the found items can now be reunited with their owners.
And apparently, they have a cute new colleague.
Brilliant.
mroberg likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
That is nice. The last 8 seconds cracked me up
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
OMG! He's gorgeous...excellent video and thanks for posting KLflyerRalph - I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Still, I wish it were Schiphol running this - I may have gotten my camera and sunglasses back last year. Kudos to KLM for trying something new. Miles better than LHR and BA's efforts too
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:35 am

Is this little chap for real or just a brillant Marketing gag?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Still, I wish it were Schiphol running this - I may have gotten my camera and sunglasses back last year.
My experience is the direct opposite. 2 phones and 1 camera left behind on planes arriving at Schiphol - none were ever recovered
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
My experience is the direct opposite. 2 phones and 1 camera left behind on planes arriving at Schiphol - none were ever recovered
Sorry the dog didn't return them in your case, pretty ruff for you I would imagine
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Has anyone actually seen the dog at AMS?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The dog was a marketing stunt.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 phones and 1 camera left behind on planes arriving at Schiphol(
Quite an achievement, I must say. What about on planes arriving at other airports?

Johan
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:02 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Quite an achievement, I must say. What about on planes arriving at other airports?
irishguy28, have you considered a "pre-departure from the airplane" check-list? In all seriousness, I have this on my iPhone for when I am taking a long haul and I might be removing items from my carryon or messenger bag. I always refer to it just before de-planing at my destination. For short flights, I always put things directly back into my (underseat) carry-on bag. (I never use the seat back pocket for short flights, too risky, IMO)
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
I've been informed that KLM unfortunately terminated its lost and found service 'Sherlock', as part of recent cost reductions. It's a shame, because I've had a very positive experience with them earlier this year, they worked in a very pro-active way, both in communicating and actively searching for lost goods.

KLM now asks to get in touch with Schiphol in case of lost properties onboard aircrafts arriving at AMS, which is the usual way of handling lost & found. Obviously, Schiphol itself directs at KLM: "If you lost something on board your flight or your checked baggage is missing, please contact your airline." on their website.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: Flying Dutchman
Just add a QR code to your item

I have a QR code to my valuable items. There are plenty of tools to do this.
https://gratisqrcode.nl/aanmaken

Very easy. Looking forward to your reply ;- )
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:58 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Question is if any lost&found service - or pax at an airport - would know how to scan that. Sure, its not that difficult...but its probably going beyond the protocols that lost&found uses...and therefore questionable if they will go the extra mile to scan that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.