AMS-KUL-CGK: house on both segments?

Old May 22, 14, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
AMS-KUL-CGK: house on both segments?

I'm flying this route in WBC, and wondering if they give a Delft house on both segments. Anyone know?
Old May 22, 14, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not flown this segment specifically, but on other short routes, have not gotten a house.
Old May 22, 14, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think, but I stand to be corrected on this, that the FAs hand out houses on both segments, but that pax traveling AMS-CKG are only supposed to get one. I've also heard that not all FAs can be bothered to be selective on the second leg.

Johan
Old May 22, 14, 2:51 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
I think, but I stand to be corrected on this, that the FAs hand out houses on both segments, but that pax traveling AMS-CKG are only supposed to get one.
Indeed. My understanding is that pax on one-stop (ie: two segment) flights are only supposed to get one house. I also thought I saw a thread here some time ago, saying that pax flying only KUL-CGK (and vv) no longer got a house at all - but I may be mistaken.

However, I haven't flown AMS-CGK and my only experience of this has been on triangular flights (where it seems the service schedule includes distributing huisjes to eligible pax at the end of each segment, and so, as Johan said, FAs may not be selective about who has already had one - especially if there has been a crew change at the intermediate stop). However, for a short tag-on flight, the service schedule may be different (ie: if KUL-CGK pax don't get a house at all, then there would be no need to do a second distribution).
Old May 22, 14, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I flew KUL-CGK in July 2012 and was given a house though I understand that the rules may have changed recently.

That time the crew did check the PIL to ensure only those getting off at KUL were given a house.
Old May 23, 14, 4:14 am

The rule should be like this;
AMS-KUL; DBH to pax disembarking only(at KUL),KUL-CGK all pax receive a DBH, in other words flying AMS-CGK you should receive 1 DBH before landing at CGK
Same applicable on return all disembarking pax KUL get a house , if you continue to AMS you will receive it prior to landing at AMS. As there is a crew change at KUL there is sometimes some confusion or crew wants to please you i guess they will give an extra house(but there should always be enough for return flight i guess..)
Old Apr 27, 15, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Does anyone know if J class pax on KUL-CGK get a house? Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 15, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
Does anyone know if J class pax on KUL-CGK get a house? Thanks!
They should. I certainly received one last month on SCL-EZE, which is comparable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: