Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First new security filter operational at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I just passed security to Schengen. They have opened a security checkpoint in between the old 1 and 1a checkpoints.
Where exactly airside do you end up when going through that checkpoint?

Originally Posted by Xandrios
it does not seem that there is any priority security there
You sure?

The Privium email says:

"A temporary security filter will be opened on 2 October as a replacement capacity for Departure filter 1. There will be 1 Privium gate. This temporary filter will be in the hallway to Departure Hall 1A."

Johan
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Priority is not the same as Privium. There may be Privium, but not necessarily priority.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
There may be Privium, but not necessarily priority.
A dedicated Privium gate? Now that would be really nice!

Johan
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Where exactly airside do you end up when going through that checkpoint?

You sure?

The Privium email says:

"A temporary security filter will be opened on 2 October as a replacement capacity for Departure filter 1. There will be 1 Privium gate. This temporary filter will be in the hallway to Departure Hall 1A."

Johan
The one I used was at the far right of the (supposedly closed) departures 1 security checkpoint. They kept a few lanes open just for people with small hand-luggage only. I do believe there used to be a Privium checkpoint there too, but like mentioned above, not priority (i.e. SkyPriority). Part of it was roped off; but I did not check specifically if that was the Privium part.

While walking to the B gates I noticed that they opened yet another (rather large) checkpoint in between the semi-closed departures 1, and the existing departures 1A checkpoint.

That new one feeds into the walkway going from lounge 1 to the B gates, pretty much across from the Rituals stand/store.

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
I hope you escalated this on spot, and called in the first guy with his smart *ss behavior?
Are you going to be the one to explain to your work / the airline that you missed a flight because you made an on the spot complaint to someone who has the power to detain you indefinitely with no reasonable grounds for suspicion or really, any reason at all?

I pick my battles, I move on. This is what leads to this reprehensible attitude; they can do whatever they damn well please and we have to suck it up or risk being taken into a room for a cavity search, presumably.
Koby likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caliform
we have to suck it up.
and then fire off an e-mail.

I don't complain just for the sake of it, only if I can reasonably expect the outcome I desire. I sent an e-mail and got a prompt apology from CPH the other week, which I can use to confront the next incompetent security agent I may have the misfortune of encountering at that airport. At the time I did not stand my ground and ask for a supervisor, precisely for the reasons you listed.

Johan
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I've sent emails to Schiphol, KMar and KLM about this before, and it doesn't seem to do anything. If someone could make an automated tool for that, that'd be great, in the meantime I have better ways to spend my time.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went through what remains of Terminal 1 security this afternoon. The checkpoint at the far end is indeed for both Privium and SkyPriority pax, but . . . the SkyPriority entrance had been closed with a Tensa barrier, and an agent was only letting Privium pax through. Those with SkyPriority were told to continue to that new temporary checkpoint somwhere halfway or so to T1A. Fine by me, I won't complain if I get to use a dedicated Privium checkpoint, almost like in the Good Old Days.

Not much of a wait (although an agent started feeding in regular pax just after I got there), but of course my bag had to go to secondary. I had almost emptied its contents into a tray, but forgot some regular AA batteries. Jeez . . . Fortunately, there was no wait at all at secondary.

Johan
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Due to the renovations for the new security filter, access in Departure Hall 1 will be changed from the 1st week of October. As a Privium member, you will unfortunately also be effected by this.
If you face the current filter in Departure Hall 1, the left part (including the Privium gates) will close on 2 October. For the time being you can use the Privium gates at the following places:

1. The Privium gate on the right-hand side of the current filter in Departure Hall 1 (at check-in rows 1-2) can be used for now.

2. A temporary security filter will be opened on 2 October as a replacement capacity for Departure filter 1. There will be 1 Privium gate. This temporary filter will be in the hallway to Departure Hall 1A.

3. A Privium gate is also located in Departure Hall 1A itself.

Also, for the same renovation, the arrival border passage if you come from D-pier 1st floor (for European non-Schengen flights in particular) will close completely. This will happen on 1 October for a 6-month period. You will be referred on the spot to an alternative passport check. This will generally be the arrival filter at the E pier.
Hilarious. We do a renovation. We have no appetite to accomodate you or we did not have the braincells left to think about how we could accomodate the normal flow of people while renovating. Please take a walking detour with your hand luggage of 15 minutes or so.....and sorry that the queues at the remaining customs boots will be 'slightly' longer.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by atflyer
Hilarious. We do a renovation. We have no appetite to accomodate you or we did not have the braincells left to think about how we could accomodate the normal flow of people while renovating. Please take a walking detour with your hand luggage of 15 minutes or so.....and sorry that the queues at the remaining customs boots will be 'slightly' longer.
"After all what are you going to do? Drive to Brussels? Lol"
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can complain about it but who knows if the receiving point of complaints can direct it at the appropriate agency, after all there's 42 different companies working security.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by caliform
You can complain about it but who knows if the receiving point of complaints can direct it at the appropriate agency, after all there's 42 different companies working security.
Maybe a good time to reintroduce flights from Rotterdam?

oh well, one can dream...

(but to be on topic, last week I passed through the non-Schengen checkpoint, and it was so good I was wondering if I was still at Schiphol...)
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Maybe a good time to reintroduce flights from Rotterdam?

oh well, one can dream...

(but to be on topic, last week I passed through the non-Schengen checkpoint, and it was so good I was wondering if I was still at Schiphol...)
I passed AMS non-Schengen security 4 times these last 2 weeks, always at the departure 2 checkpoint, there was never a queue, I didn't have to take anything out of the bag and none of my trays went to secondary.
Comparing it with my LHR experience, there were about 15 minute wait in the priority line and the tray with my liquids went to secondary for no apparent reason, and even at CDG one of my trays went to secondary, so all in all seems like AMS is the better of the lot
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
at the departure 2 checkpoint, there was never a queue
T2 is certainly a lot better than T1, and the new scanners are definitely a boon, but still YMMV. Especially when an agent gets it into his head to clog the priority checkpoints with regular pax right as you walk up.

I trust and hope that the new T1 security will be equipped with new scanners only.

Johan
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
PSA: The priority lane at Departures 1 security is now also closed. They have re-opened a new priority lane about 30m to the right in the far corner, next to the first row of check in desks. This security checkpoint was used in the past during peak times and/or for crew. It only has 2 of the old x-ray machines that only allow one pax at a time to be processed. It exits right at the stairs for the D gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.