Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thalys Segments and ZWE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by msidd
I have the following booking and want to skip the second leg of trip which is thalys ,does collecting the ticket at AMS suffice, considering I will flying out of Brussels on my return which are all flights.

AUH--> AMS--> ZWE
BRU-->AMS-->AUH

How particular are KLM seeing the stamped ticket of thalys for my return. I see mixed reviews in the forum, has things changed after the court ruling in belgium as I am flying out of brussels.
Tricky one since de facto you misse a segment in the middle of your flight which would cancel the rest. Don't think the court ruling in Belgium will change KLM's approach with this. Your best bet indeed is to pick up at least the ticket for AMS-ZWE. I am not sure if KLM has a way to check you did the full AMS-ZWE trip. An intermediate option would be just using Thalys till Rotterdam (30 minutes), but I never tried this and do not know if they check tickets on that leg and/or let you off in Rotterdam.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:35 pm

Hi all. Just received an email stating my flightschedule EZE-AMS-ZWE has been changed. It seems they cancelled ams-zwe. It shows no alternative at the moment. I can find my own way to ZWE, but as these are actually KLM segments with KL "flight" number, I'm a bit surprised they just do this without any further information.

Does anyone have experience with this? I guess train segments doesn't count as a flight segment in EU261. On the other hand, it is a KLM flightnumber and my booking is in fact EZE-ZWE..

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.