Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by johan rebel
"[COLOR="Blue"]

Source

Johan
Schiphol gaat vanaf 3 juni met een nieuw security concept werken waarbij het beveiligingswerk door twintig procent minder mensen wordt gedaan.

Interesting ....3 June, could that be the introduction date of the central security in the non-Schengen area?

Anyway it might be a nice summer once the holidays are starting at Schiphol.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Interesting ....3 June, could that be the introduction date of the central security in the non-Schengen area?
It is indeed.

Johan
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:41 am

What I greatly appreciate(d?) about Schiphol was the predictability of waiting times.
Schengen departure: take the bridge, waiting time minimal if any. Typical arrival time at Schiphol T-30.
Non-schengen departure: waiting time at the border crossing 10 minutes maximum if any (greatly reduced by the automatic machines). Security check at the gate: show up late, no queues and still on time. Typical arrival time at Schiphol T-45.

I'm sure due to the new central security, I need to add considerable time to a non-Schengen departure per June, looking at the zoo at the non-bridge Schengen departure area on the odd hour.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
That is my major gripe as well with the new security setup. Unless Schiphol come to their senses and set up proper priority and/or Privium security lanes that is a huge issue that makes Schiphol unpredictable.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
I easily fork 230 euro / year for a Privium membership if that gives me a dedicated Schengen security lane. I did for the last 5 years, even though I had SkyPriority access as well.

The new Schengen security filter ruined it for Privium.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:57 am

Article in the NRC this morning about the 900k salary of the CEO of Schiphol. Basically, Mr Nijhuis justifies his salary 'because Schiphol is doing well'.

If the waiting times due to the central security concept increases significantly, I'll remind Mr Nijhuis next year about this remark and suggest a major decrease in enumeration.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Waiting times are irrelevant. Passenger numbers and cargo volume matter.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's another nail in Privium's coffin:

"Dear Mr Rebel,

From 3 June 2015, Schiphol will switch to central security which means there will no longer be a security check at the gate. As the security check and border passage for all passengers will be organised on a central basis from 3 June onwards, the border passage from the Privium ClubLounge will close. The new security checks are located on entirely new floors in Departure Halls 2 and 3 and will be given a similar layout to those in Departure Hall 1.
"

As an aside, the new catering concept in the Privium ClubLouge is a considerable improvement on the previous offering, which was already good.

Johan
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
So no dedicated Privium/Skypriority lanes anymore but the 'flexible lines'?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same setup as Schengen, i.e. priority access (Privium, Sky Priority and J class lumped all together) but no dedicated checkpoints.

That really sucks!

Johan
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:47 pm

I mostly travel from the non-Schengen terminal so I got concerned with this announcement and emailed Privium about this. This is their response in Dutch:

Priority passagiers zullen ten allen tijden voorrang krijgen op Non-Priority passagiers.
Privium passagiers hoeven niet te wachten op Non-Privium passagiers.

Onze verwachting is dat de Non-Schengen situatie juist gaat verbeteren naar aanleiding van de verbouwingen.
The explicit claim that things should improve and that Privium will always have priority over non-Privium members makes me optimistic again, but I'll guess we have to wait and see.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

This is also what they said about the Schengen checkpoint when they introduced the changes there. We know how that panned out.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOAMS
I mostly travel from the non-Schengen terminal so I got concerned with this announcement and emailed Privium about this. This is their response in Dutch:
I see you have been a member for two years but this is your first post.

So welcome to Flyertalk SFOAMS and in particular welcome to the KLM forum. Congratulations on shedding your cloak of anonymity. Please do stick around and post here and indeed in the many other fora we have.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOAMS
The explicit claim that things should improve and that Privium will always have priority over non-Privium members makes me optimistic again, but I'll guess we have to wait and see.
This map does not show any dedicated Privium security checkpoints, and the text states:

"A Schiphol employee will then direct you towards a security lane from the priority waiting area"

Johan
Old May 1, 2015, 2:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Hey Guys and gals....been a few months since I have ventured over here into the realm of nice people. LoL

I just booked a LAX-AMS-CPT mini-vacation/MR. I am confused with this whole change.

Am I going to have to go through security for my 1hr connection at AMS? Or is it just PAX departing from AMS having to go through centralized security?

Will I be able to access the Crown Lounge on the way home without being re-screened after landing from CPT?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.