Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I am looking forward to my first taste of central non-Schengen security tomorrow morning.

I fully plan on enjoying the experience, and asking if I can go through it a second time.
Maybe that's the reason of the long waiting times. Everyone goes through it twice in request!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
The last sentence of that article has a link you can click on to report your experiences with the wonderful new setup to a Telegraaf journalist. I'm sure he understands English.

Johan
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Departures 3, just now. A bit of a slow/choke point at the bottom of the stairs, where 2 staff were checking boarding gates on the boarding passes. No queue for security...just a walking pace line. Some people were a bit inclined to hang back, so I was able to walk up to a free berth straight away.

A longer line for pasport control. A bank of 5 EU/EEA passport readers was "closed off" by some barricades. There were 2 manned passport control booths to the left being jealously guarded by a stern-looking security guard...not sure what criteria would allow you into his domain, there was no signage. Continued on to the 4 manned booths to the right - 1 for EU/EEA, the other 3 for all passport holders. Those 3 were moving VERY slow. The KMar agent in the EU/EEA line sent back a non-EU/EEA passport holder ^

All told: from bottom of stairs theough security in less than 5 mins; through passports in 3-5 minutes.

Not a bad first attempt. But I did not ask for a second bite of the cherry!!!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Extremely smooth ride today, with a 4 hour layover I managed to get through passport control , to central station and back just in time to be upgraded
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Sounds much better then last sunday. Good to hear!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Now cabin and cockpit crew are affected as well:

Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
Now cabin and cockpit crew are affected as well
Just beautiful!

I bet they will solve the problem by diverting staff from the pax checkpoints to the crew one, thus making things even worse at the former.

Johan
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Pax, crew and staff all use different checkpoints. The crew checkpoint in the picture is at the Crew Centre (BMC). It's the same as with the pax checkpoints: sometimes it's busy, sometimes it's not. BTW, all the different checkpoints are manned by different companies.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Didymis
all the different checkpoints are manned by different companies.
In the name of flexibility, I take it?

So if one checkpoint is inordinately busy they cannot just move over staff who are picking their noses at another checkpoint, but have to wait for the company responsible to call in extra staff?

Sounds like a great system!

Johan
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:17 am

Schiphol divided the outsourced tasks into 6 lots. The final results of the tender Schiphol was as follows:

Lots 1 and 4 - I-SEC
Lots 2 and 3 - G4S
Plots 5 and 6 - Securitas

Lots:

1. Checking passengers, departure filters 1 & 2, crew center and specials.

2. Checking passengers, staff, departures filters 3 & 4 and transfer filters 1 and 2.

3. Checking luggage (HBS) in the baggage basement

4.Control center staff and goods Schiphol.

5.Control staff and goods periphery and cargo area.

6. Surveillance tasks in protected areas.

AFAIK some employees from G4S (departure filter 3) were moved to assist I-SEC (departure filer 2) on that sunday two weeks ago.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Crossing the border on arrival at Schiphol Arrivals 3 on Sunday, there were only 2 Marechausse booths open - and the guy in the EU/EEA line was busy talking sporadically with a colleague hanging around behind his booth for most of the time.

A bank of e-Passport readers to the left that had all been lit up in red (and thus closed) suddenly opened by the time I reached the top of the queue. So it seems that they CAN open the e-gates when they feel like it.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
A friend of mine posted on Facebook around 7:30pm today: "Good job Schiphol. Security and passport control within 2 minutes!"
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:43 pm

Security seems to be fine nowadays. Passed security 4 times at AMS now, no problems the last 10 days. 1 time had an issue on arrival with long lines/people blocking privium lines @ passport control when arriving.

Sometimes you will see people complaining on twitter with a photo and it looks they are taken in an arrival hal before passport control.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Today was my first experience of arriving in the non-Schengen area from a non-approved country, China in my case. The flight arrived at the F-pier at 6:30 am. Apart from the long walk to the security check everything went smoothly. There were only three people in front of me at the scanner and I was through quickly. Maybe I was just lucky. There is still a lot of building work after the scanners and I ended up walking down stairs and into the temporary access between piers E and F, which seemed a bit random. I guess the access into the halls will be improved once the building work is completed. As I was travelling onto the UK I cannot comment on the passport control for exiting or Schengen transfer.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
According to http://www.haarlemsdagblad.nl/region...ouane-Schiphol there will be work-to-rule scheme in effect the week after next at KMar. On a positive note, the article states that the ePassport gates are now operational.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.