Sandwich back on medium afternoon flights

Old Oct 27, 12, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Sandwich back on medium afternoon flights

According to a KLM staff so called Cabin bulletin, effective this winterschedule the snacks will be replaced by a sandwich on so called medium service flights ( eg BGO/LIN/VCE) when departing between 17h00 and 18h 59 local time
Service on xtra long flights ( eg SVO/IST) will be improved in near future to offer a product more inline what the competition like Turkish/Aeroflot is offering
Old Oct 27, 12, 5:39 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
What is Turkish offering to IST?

Last winter KLM improved the snack options for these extra long haul flights. Choice of hot snack was available for a few months. Nowadays its all been reverted back and one gets a small-ish sized hot (well, slightly warm) snack. No choice. And no difference if one departs between 17:00-19:00 or any other time of day.

Lets hope things will indeed improve. Though I kind of doubt they will..
Old Oct 27, 12, 5:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
What is Turkish offering to IST?
After the compulsory bag of TK hazelnuts, a full hot meal.
Old Oct 27, 12, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
As far as airline food goes, I think Turkish are amongst the very best.
Full hot meal on all flights to IST, at least from western Europe.
Old Oct 28, 12, 1:26 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold
Originally Posted by KL895 View Post
After the compulsory bag of TK hazelnuts, a full hot meal.
And then a small pre-arrival snack, at least on the flights that arrive around 6pm - 7pm to IST.

BTW, you can have as many of these hazelnuts as you please They make excellent company with wine, when there's nothing better to do than stare out of the window...
Old Nov 8, 12, 3:56 pm

Changed?

Originally Posted by splflyer View Post
According to a KLM staff so called Cabin bulletin, effective this winterschedule the snacks will be replaced by a sandwich on so called medium service flights ( eg BGO/LIN/VCE) when departing between 17h00 and 18h 59 local time
Service on xtra long flights ( eg SVO/IST) will be improved in near future to offer a product more inline what the competition like Turkish/Aeroflot is offering
Has the KLM inflight service for europe flights changed???
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:17 am

Well my flight yesterday was exactly the same as S12. No choice of snack, just a disgusting looking warm (ish) wrap with egg (?) and chicken.

Worse, when they served coffee they had ran out of milk. I was one of the first to be served so how they managed to do that..?
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
For the wrap, do they use Monty's like other airlines?
Old Nov 11, 12, 12:06 pm

I wish. No, its packed in a clear transparent microwave-like foil, with just something like "Chicken wrap" printed onto the cellophane. They pack 50 of them on top of each other, so they give them to you flattened and/or other ugly shape.

They used to be Indian curry style, which were kind of eatable. Nowadays they hand out something that combines chicken and (I presume) egg and various leek-like vegetables.
Old Nov 11, 12, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Shame. I like them and it seems the norm with other European carriers (even Brussels Airlines!).
Old Nov 11, 12, 1:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
On Friday morning's early flight from BSL to AMS I had an excellent wholegrain cheese roll for breakfast, and the coffee was spot on: just the nice hot temperature and strength (pretty strong) that I like. Coffee is really hit or miss in planes, I find.

On the AMS to MAN sector afterwards, it was back to "do you want a sweet snack or a salty one?" ritual. I was a bit hungry after the delay with the stupid security screening mess, and went for the Dutch waffle, which isn't bad (better than those d***** Tuc biscuits from a few years back).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: