FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Sandwich back on medium afternoon flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1401478-sandwich-back-medium-afternoon-flights.html)

splflyer Oct 27, 2012 3:29 am

Sandwich back on medium afternoon flights

According to a KLM staff so called Cabin bulletin, effective this winterschedule the snacks will be replaced by a sandwich on so called medium service flights ( eg BGO/LIN/VCE) when departing between 17h00 and 18h 59 local time
Service on xtra long flights ( eg SVO/IST) will be improved in near future to offer a product more inline what the competition like Turkish/Aeroflot is offering

Xandrios Oct 27, 2012 4:39 am

What is Turkish offering to IST?

Last winter KLM improved the snack options for these extra long haul flights. Choice of hot snack was available for a few months. Nowadays its all been reverted back and one gets a small-ish sized hot (well, slightly warm) snack. No choice. And no difference if one departs between 17:00-19:00 or any other time of day.

Lets hope things will indeed improve. Though I kind of doubt they will..

KL895 Oct 27, 2012 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 19574292)
What is Turkish offering to IST?

After the compulsory bag of TK hazelnuts, a full hot meal.

irishguy28 Oct 27, 2012 5:02 am

As far as airline food goes, I think Turkish are amongst the very best.
Full hot meal on all flights to IST, at least from western Europe.

ok986 Oct 28, 2012 12:26 am

Originally Posted by KL895 (Post 19574315)
After the compulsory bag of TK hazelnuts, a full hot meal.

And then a small pre-arrival snack, at least on the flights that arrive around 6pm - 7pm to IST.

BTW, you can have as many of these hazelnuts as you please :) They make excellent company with wine, when there's nothing better to do than stare out of the window...

Sebas21 Nov 8, 2012 2:56 pm

Changed?

Originally Posted by splflyer (Post 19574121)
According to a KLM staff so called Cabin bulletin, effective this winterschedule the snacks will be replaced by a sandwich on so called medium service flights ( eg BGO/LIN/VCE) when departing between 17h00 and 18h 59 local time
Service on xtra long flights ( eg SVO/IST) will be improved in near future to offer a product more inline what the competition like Turkish/Aeroflot is offering

Has the KLM inflight service for europe flights changed???

Xandrios Nov 11, 2012 8:17 am

Well my flight yesterday was exactly the same as S12. No choice of snack, just a disgusting looking warm (ish) wrap with egg (?) and chicken.

Worse, when they served coffee they had ran out of milk. I was one of the first to be served so how they managed to do that..?

KLflyerRalph Nov 11, 2012 8:45 am

For the wrap, do they use Monty's like other airlines?

Xandrios Nov 11, 2012 11:06 am

I wish. No, its packed in a clear transparent microwave-like foil, with just something like "Chicken wrap" printed onto the cellophane. They pack 50 of them on top of each other, so they give them to you flattened and/or other ugly shape.

They used to be Indian curry style, which were kind of eatable. Nowadays they hand out something that combines chicken and (I presume) egg and various leek-like vegetables.

KLflyerRalph Nov 11, 2012 11:44 am

Shame. I like them and it seems the norm with other European carriers (even Brussels Airlines!).

Concerto Nov 11, 2012 12:54 pm

On Friday morning's early flight from BSL to AMS I had an excellent wholegrain cheese roll for breakfast, and the coffee was spot on: just the nice hot temperature and strength (pretty strong) that I like. Coffee is really hit or miss in planes, I find.

On the AMS to MAN sector afterwards, it was back to "do you want a sweet snack or a salty one?" ritual. I was a bit hungry after the delay with the stupid security screening mess, and went for the Dutch waffle, which isn't bad (better than those d***** Tuc biscuits from a few years back).