Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:45 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I can't!

When booked on a F70, first time I can either:

- select emergency row 11, or nothing else at all.

- selecty emergency row 11, or any seats that still happen to be available farther aft.

Johan
That is (my guess) that the first 10 rows have been reserved for Europe Business Class, as this is the maximum capacity.
At T-72 hours the cabin divider will be moved forward and more seats should become available.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Paddy45
Am platinum for life member and think EC should rightly be for this level of loyalty!!
Of course it should (and especially now that you have it). So Gold and Silvers are less important to the company and the best way of adding value to Plat is by degrading Gold and Silver benefits?

I pre book my seats 11 months in advance at no cost as well as getting my 2x23 kg baggage allowance. Stop ...complaining about klm really not professional .You want more than pay for it or god forbid you earn it!! 20 years of flying klmuk and then klm gets you this loyalty status.
Easy tiger... Good thing you came along and told us how things works as none of us would have known PS. I thought Plat for life was earned after 10 years so I guess KLM pulled a fast one on you there as it took you 20+ years

Will never fly Air France. The most disgusting old fashioned planes and arrogant flight attendants in every class.
And you clearly haven't. Doesn't AF have a growing fleet of brand spanking new A380's and 777's. Maybe arrogance is contagious? I'm not French (let alone much of a french speaker) but AF staff are great IMHO, but we'll leave that for another post...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Cupart
And you clearly haven't. Doesn't AF have a growing fleet of brand spanking new A380's and 777's. Maybe arrogance is contagious? I'm not French (let alone much of a french speaker) but AF staff are great IMHO, but we'll leave that for another post...
+1
And if I am not mistaken they even have one of the youngest fleets of the national cariers in Europe
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Am platinum for life member and think EC should rightly be for this level of loyalty!!

I pre book my seats 11 months in advance at no cost as well as getting my 2x23 kg baggage allowance. Stop ...complaining about klm really not professional .You want more than pay for it or god forbid you earn it!! 20 years of flying klmuk and then klm gets you this loyalty status.

Will never fly Air France. The most disgusting old fashioned planes and arrogant flight attendants in every class.

I agree that platinum members should get extra benefits for their loyalty. But in this case they simply took benefits away from Golds/Silvers and started charging for them.

Why not ADD something for platinums (for example, 2 free EBC upgrades per year, 1 systemwide upgrade per year, 200% miles, blocked adjacent seat on emptier flights, etc. etc.) rather than SUBTRACT something from the golds?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:04 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Talked myself into EC at the check in desk using my Gold card.
Well it seems Karma has bit me on the ***.

During snack/drinks service FA 1 opens all bottles for easy access. FA 2 thinks it would be a good idea to shake the Tomato juice before serving...

Resulting in me and the lady next to me being sprayed with bloody red tomato juice. Jeans, shirt, iPad, iPad case and the fur coat of the lady next to me messed up.

Not quite sure what to do next. iPad still works but if it fails in the future the warranty might be void due to water damage. iPad case cannot be washed and is ruined. Clothes, I guess, can be cleaned. Damage to ego: priceless
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by Gajan
That is (my guess) that the first 10 rows have been reserved for Europe Business Class, as this is the maximum capacity.
At T-72 hours the cabin divider will be moved forward and more seats should become available.
How many F70 flights have 50 EBC PAX (737 offers only 30) and 30 Y one ?
Worst quite all aisle seats in Y are blocked...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by rwSEA
I agree that platinum members should get extra benefits for their loyalty. But in this case they simply took benefits away from Golds/Silvers and started charging for them.
I don't think I took them away, thank you very much. KLM did.

And even that is disputable because the extra leg space was always there because of the curtain-moving policy of KLM for J passengers, the leg space was there for J passengers, not to please the FB Elites.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Theoretically possible, but . . .

Originally Posted by saraoutou
How many F70 flights have 50 EBC PAX (737 offers only 30) and 30 Y one ?
Worst quite all aisle seats in Y are blocked...
On the F70 two seats per row are blocked, so that leaves 30 EB seats in 10 rows. Still far too many on the flight I regularly take, where the number of genuine EB pax is usually closer to 3 than to 30, sometimes even less.

Johan
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla
I don't think I took them away, thank you very much. KLM did.

And even that is disputable because the extra leg space was always there because of the curtain-moving policy of KLM for J passengers, the leg space was there for J passengers, not to please the FB Elites.
They was meant to refer to KLM, not the platinum members.

In any event, prior to this change, elite members could select any seat in economy except for the exit rows. After the change, approximately 1/3 of the cabin can only be accessed after making an additional payment. This is a huge downgrade in service.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)

On the F70 two seats per row are blocked, so that leaves 30 EB seats in 10 rows. Still far too many on the flight I regularly take, where the number of genuine EB pax is usually closer to 3 than to 30, sometimes even less.

Johan
You probably are correct. However, this is done to ensure that the curtain will not be moved backwards, resulting in Economy passengers loosing their seat assignment.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You probably are correct. However, this is done to ensure that the curtain will not be moved backwards, resulting in Economy passengers loosing their seat assignment.
Still doesn't make sense, though. On a much larger 738 flight on the same route they have blocked five rows (20 seats)for ES and pre-assigned me a seat in row 6 (exactly the way I want it, thank you!), yet they block ten rows (30 seats) on a F70? Something ain't right here!

Johan
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Still doesn't make sense, though. On a much larger 738 flight on the same route they have blocked five rows (20 seats)for ES and pre-assigned me a seat in row 6 (exactly the way I want it, thank you!), yet they block ten rows (30 seats) on a F70? Something ain't right here!

Johan
T-72 I got the choice of row 3 finally...so it does work ok at T-72....but of course I'm a lowly gold....
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobsmo
T-72 I got the choice of row 3 finally...so it does work ok at T-72....but of course I'm a lowly gold....
Great, that's good news.

I've just noticed that Ive been pre-allocated seats in row 6 on all upcoming 737 flights, so reserving 5 rows for EB seems to be SOP on flights between AMS and CPH.

Johan
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: FB Plat
I really believe they screwed up with the EC and you hear this from a Plat.

I don’t pay any extra fee to get seated in the first rows for my short European flights but I am constantly forced to fly packed, next to “whoever” even when the flight is almost empty.
I often fly with a colleague who is “only” gold and what annoys me is that he is relegated to the back of the plane (because it would make absolute no sense to pay €15, this is just amazing) so we can’t fly together.
If I want to fly next to him I must be relegated to the back of the plane as well and then you see all kinds of people in EC for no reason.

I also saw that there are no controls in place for self upgrades, I did it myself to test if they would tell me something.

To be honest this is a bit disappointing and I hope it’s just an unexpected result of a change that was meant to have a different outcome.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:44 am

I find it interesting to see where this discussion is heading.
-We've seen some aspects which were poorly implemented and have been (partially) fixed, or supposedly still will be fixed.
-Gold and Silver are seriously p****d off (And Ivory could be just as well)
-Some incompatibilities are exposed of EC in combination with the short-haul market and habbits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.