Cancellation - Refund - How long to process?

Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Cancellation - Refund - How long to process?

I was ment to be travelling business class to BKK last week but had to cancel due to a family emergency. Knowing my ticket was partially refundable I called KLM who directed me to there website to submit a refund request.

I completed there form and received an email to say I will be emailed soon to say how much I will be getting back. However now it is day 5 and still no email to say how much etc. Im assuming the refund amount will be my fare minus the cancellation charges as per my ticket conditions.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, does it take a long time for them to come back to you?

I have already completed a "check status of refund" form and alas no response.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Six weeks for me in the past...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:45 pm
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I've add anything between 5 days to three weeks
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
2 weeks or so for me recently.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

did you receive any sort of email to confirm the amount you were going to receive back?. I did receive an email from KLM to tell me that i will receive an email like this but alas nothing has still arrived

My holiday insurance will cover the difference but they need an official breakdown as noted above of what I will get back from klm.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by welch9
did you receive any sort of email to confirm the amount you were going to receive back?. I did receive an email from KLM to tell me that i will receive an email like this but alas nothing has still arrived

My holiday insurance will cover the difference but they need an official breakdown as noted above of what I will get back from klm.
Why don't you call them and ask? You'll probably get a more precise answer directly from the horses mouth than what others have experienced. Besides, you can put a little pressure on them as they owe you money and they are not a bank...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cupart
Why don't you call them and ask? You'll probably get a more precise answer directly from the horses mouth than what others have experienced. Besides, you can put a little pressure on them as they owe you money and they are not a bank...
I was waiting for this reply, currently sat working in Ecudor therefore not the easiest or cheapest place to call a UK number from. Also whenever I call them I get fobbed off saying they will send email etc.

Sorry I thought this was a forum for help,
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

Yes. Something like this:

Hierbij laten wij u graag weten dat het restitutiebedrag voor onderstaande tickets naar uw rekening zal worden overgemaakt:

Ticket-/PNR-nr. Restitutiebedrag Administratiekosten Reden van restitutie Opmerkingen bij berekening
**** **** **** ***** Restitutie volgens tariefsvoorwaarden.
Totaal te vergoeden bedrag: EUR ****

Met vriendelijke groet,

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
I was waiting for this reply, currently sat working in Ecudor therefore not the easiest or cheapest place to call a UK number from. Also whenever I call them I get fobbed off saying they will send email etc.

Sorry I thought this was a forum for help,
So forking out a great deal of cash flying J/C, but won't spend a few dollars calling a helpline to get a status on where your quite large amount of cash is puzzles me, and then you say you have called them

This is a great forum for help, but even giving a pointer like I did: "Did you try and call them?", is actually a very valid question as you haven't mentioned anything about it from earlier.

PS. Calling The UK from Ecuador can be done from as little as 11.4p/min
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: KLM-Flying Blue Gold
I suggest the original poster download Skype to his PC/Mac. Cheap international calls from/to anywhere when you on the move or stuck in the remotes. Another great feature is Skype internet which can get you logged on most anywhere there is free/pay WiFi access without answering the 20+ obnoxious questions they ask you for "free access" (along with the spam emails that follow). Cause I'm a bit deaf it's also great for calls with the earphones. I've had KLM, Air France and Flying Blue land line numbers in my contacts for years now.

Hughdal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.