Search

KLM's 777-200 vs 777-300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chunk73
As long as they are still working....

Originally Posted by chunk73
my interest doesn't stretch to being excited by the noise of the engines.
Not excitement but nostalgia, which proves that I'm old enough to fondly recall what was in many ways the Golden Age of flying. If only I had realised that at the time!

Johan
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
was that the aisle of the B77W with 10 abreast is quite narrow. Various reviews of 10-abreast seating on the B77W all seem to share this opinion.
Here's a KL cabin crew member's take on that wonderful 10-abreast configuration:

"Een paar maanden geleden, middenin het bikiniseizoen, besloot ik maar eens naar de huisarts te gaan. Dat was wel nodig, omdat ik onder de blauwe plekken zat, en nog wel op plekken die bij mijn echtgenoot en collega’s de nodige vragen opwierpen. Tijdens het consult begint de huisarts vragen over de toestand van mijn huwelijk te stellen. Net als ik me wat ongemakkelijk ga voelen, stapt hij gelukkig snel over op de arbo-omstandigheden van mijn werkplek. En wat blijkt al na een paar vragen en antwoorden? Ik lijd aan triplitis! Verbaasd kijk ik de huisarts aan en vraag hem hoe hij zo snel aan deze diagnose komt. En wat blijkt, de dochter van mijn huisarts vliegt ook en heeft bovendien hetzelfde vliegtuigenpakket als ik: de 737, 747 en de boosdoener 777. Na elke vlucht komt zij net als ik met blauwe plekken op heupen en dijen thuis. Meteen herken ik de perks van de 777-300. Een gangpad dat niet breder is dan mijn trolley, passagiers die geknakt in het gangpad hangen omdat de stoelen niet breder zijn dan een slechte tuinstoel. En dan natuurlijk de hindernisbaan van ledematen die in het gangpad zijn
uitgestrekt, omdat onder de stoelen simpelweg geen ruimte is. Een rondje door de kist voor de start? Ideaal voor het CRM-gedeelte van mijn functie, want ik kan aan minstens honderd passagiers mijn excuses aanbieden voor de draai om hun oren die ik onbedoeld heb uitgedeeld!
Als recept raadt de huisarts mij het verzoekensysteem aan. Probeer toch vooral de 300 te vermijden, verzekert hij mij. Enigszins hulpeloos kijk ik hem aan, en vertel over de ombouw van de 200. Binnenkort wordt het blauwe gevoel over de gehele 777-vloot verder uitgewerkt…
"

English synopsis: FA arrives home covered in bruises after every 773 flight. Narrow aisles; pax hanging into the aisles 'cause the seats are narrower than a lousy garden chair; legs protruding into the aisles 'cause there is no room under the seat in front. The unfortunate FA trips and falls, banging and bruising her poor body left and right. Goes to see her family doctor, who advises her to avoid the 777.

I guess that's good advice for passengers too!

Source

Johan
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I recognise the description of hanging your legs in the isle and people bumping into you very well. I hate 3-4-3 on the 777.

However, what she forgets to tell is that the 772 gets new Y seats. They will probably not make the isle wider, but certainly will provide more net leg space, which should considerably reduce the number of people hanging awkawardly into the isle. The seat might be more ergonomic in other ways too. That is...IF KL doesn't see the new seat as an opportunity to squeeze the rows even closer to eachother...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla
That is...IF KL doesn't see the new seat as an opportunity to squeeze the rows even closer to eachother...
I have a feeling that KLM, and any other airline for that matter, would love to place seats on top of one another if they could.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florin
I have a feeling that KLM, and any other airline for that matter, would love to place seats on top of one another if they could.
Don't give them any ideas!

Johan
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Don't give them any ideas!

Johan
Wasn't the A380 based on that idea?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
Wasn't the A380 based on that idea?
No, because they are on separate floors and it no way resembles a sardine can. Sardinizing(TM) the pax in Y is an enhancement (asked for by the flyers, of course) that would entail stacking stack pax on top of one another on each of the floors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.