Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The short haul J sandwich

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The short haul J sandwich

Maybe I've missed a post about it, and maybe it's already there for a while and only served at certain hours. But I had a huge and very tasty club sandwich next to the usual salad box. ^
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
Maybe I've missed a post about it, and maybe it's already there for a while and only served at certain hours. But I had a huge and very tasty club sandwich next to the usual salad box. ^
Presumably the same one they serve for lunch on short flights like to CPH. There is usually a choice of two, in which case I would recommend the one with Old Amsterdam cheese. If the forget to load enough dinners, you may also be offered a sandwich for dinner.

Johan
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I was offered both of these sandwiches on an early afternoon flight. I had the club which tasted good and was very filling. I will try the cheese on the way back if I get the choice. Well done KLM ^
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
J yesterday on LHR-AMS. The aircraft was changed from a 737 to a cityhopper Embraer and I ended up with this for dinner. Felt very special ...

Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by ajs123
J yesterday on LHR-AMS. The aircraft was changed from a 737 to a cityhopper Embraer and I ended up with this for dinner. Felt very special ...

On Cityhopper flights I believe the sandwich is given to the whole plane (that has been my experience at least).
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gajan
On Cityhopper flights I believe the sandwich is given to the whole plane (that has been my experience at least).
Is that new? My C trips on cityhopper date a bit now but definitely got the cold tray in all of mine (typically the very same club sandwich or Old Amsterdam cheese sandwich choice mentioned above. A bit of variety wouldn't be bad here) including to LHR on a similar 'aircraft change' case and NCE which is much longer. Certainly never received the Y sandwiches in C before although some people have queried the service on super-short flights such as DUS.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's definitely not a mainline EB sandwich, which begs the question why KLC can't serve those. Not having a hot galley is obiviously not a good enough excuse.

Johan
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: FB Gold
Last trip I did (SVG-AMS, AMS-LBA) I had the same sandwich choices offered on both legs. I'm pretty sure SVG-AMS is mainline, AMS-LBA is cityhopper.

The veggie club one is huge, tho they ran out of those on the second flight by the time they got to me.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a few months ago since I last had one of those sandwiches, but I have never seen them wrapped in plastic before.

Johan
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:28 pm

That's a business class meal?

Old May 1, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a lunchtime KLC flight today, the choice was veal or cheese. That's to say, the first five pax got a choice, the sixth and I got cheese. Nut and raisin flute with mature Beemster cheese, according to the menu. Came with a mixed salad with yellow tomatoes (I counted one. So much for the plural) and a miniscule "raspberry quark" dessert. The sandwiches were not wrapped in plastic.

Johan
Old May 1, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
On a lunchtime KLC flight today, the choice was veal or cheese. That's to say, the first five pax got a choice, the sixth and I got cheese. Nut and raisin flute with mature Beemster cheese, according to the menu. Came with a mixed salad with yellow tomatoes (I counted one. So much for the plural) and a miniscule "raspberry quark" dessert. The sandwiches were not wrapped in plastic.

Johan
Lucky you did you take a picture by chance?
Old May 1, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by johan rebel

Johan
Does it mean you ended up being upgraded after all (in which case, ^^^) or was that an entirely different flight from the one you were mentioning in the other thread? Hope the former and if so hope you enjoyed!
Old May 1, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Does it mean you ended up being upgraded
Yep, same flight and yes, upgraded at the gate. The sandwich was fine.

Johan
Old May 1, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
No huge sandwich in J on AMS-CDG this time. Yeah I anticipated it (had no time at the airport). There seems to be some inconstancy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.