Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming KLM meeting Wednesday 25 April 2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thumbs up Upcoming KLM meeting Wednesday 25 April 2012

Dear All,

Before heading off to enjoy the AF/ADP Do I will be having another meeting with KLM staff on Wednesday 25 April.

During the meeting I had last year they really appreciated the comments you brought forward. As probably noticed there have been small changes implemented / planned (pilot book the cook in WBC, upgraded meals in Y, Europe Business Class, announced new WBC flat bed, SkyPriority etc.).

My question to you is if you have any questions / experiences etc. you would like to bring forward please post them and I will make sure your comments are heard.

I lost the summary of the meeting last year when moving to my new place but I promise to provide a summary of this meeting as soon as possible.

Best,

Gajan
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
upgraded meals in Y, Europe Business Class
According to this thread, all is not well with the catering on certain shorthaul flights.

Would you please enquire what exactly is going on there?

Of my two most recent CPH-AMS flights in EB one was operated by KLC, so I just got a salad, on the other they had only catered one dinner for three pax, so I got a left-over sandwich from lunch. The third pax got the last sandwich.

Johan
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sky Priority

Sky Priority is a great concept, but implementation is its Achilles heel.

Have KL management taken steps to ensure that gate agents will at all times follow procedures and board the aircraft in the correct order, even at those AMS gates which have not (yet) had their infrastructure adapted to Sky Priority?

Johan
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Bring back Superfly!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
According to this thread, all is not well with the catering on certain shorthaul flights.

Would you please enquire what exactly is going on there?

Of my two most recent CPH-AMS flights in EB one was operated by KLC, so I just got a salad, on the other they had only catered one dinner for three pax, so I got a left-over sandwich from lunch. The third pax got the last sandwich.

Johan
Here, here! And what is up with the 100 minutes rule, and not following it for flights to Oslo!
Thanks,
SB
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
I'd like to know how they have the bare faced cheek to charge fuel surcharges (either at all or at least as high as they are) on reward tickets. Fuel is a basic cost of running an should be part of the fare.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any major changes to FB in the pipeline to try and coax some pax back?

Is there any chance of a seat block for Plat's like SEN?

What's going on with the food in the lounges at AMS? Not getting restocked quick enough, sometimes really bad quality. Any plans to make this better?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
1. Now that you can select FB Amex as a payment type, will they finally drop the card usage fee for this particular loyalty card?
2. Their booking engine is much better than AF's, but I would like that they implement what DL has had for ages - in advanced booking options you can actually select fare classes.
3. I would not mind if more fare classes are upgreable, even if they would charge more miles for that.
4. If award tickets, (say in J at least) counted as level segments, I would not be hording miles. Many hotel programs do that award nights count for your requalification!
5. Even though the AF DO is not over, when is the KLM DO going to take place?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
1. continue to improve lounges. AFKL lounges are far worse than even LH C or BA Galleries C lounges and dont distinguish whereas LH and BA have SEN or Galleries First for higher status pax at their home airports. How about brining back a Plat lounge at the D pier?

2. As Johan said better enforce (Or enforce in the first place) the boarding rules. Having the rules is a start but not worth much in a culture where rules are to be broken as in NL

3. Stop treating family and friends better than your pax. On a recent flight, the f&f got all the attention (in C of course) and paying pax (C or Y) got little or none

4. Make FB an attractive programme again. M&M may be devaluing but BAEC has actually managed to improve.

5. Expedite the flat seats. I wont't be on long haul KL until seats are full flat - unless I have no alternative. And don't make it a lottery, introduce it by route to the extent possible.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Do something about priority boarding and baggage delivery (certainly at AMS, it's pathetic) and improve S/H catering.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
I don't fly a lot with KL.
Don't have to say something on short haul (as I used very SH AMS-BRU) but...

On the unique Long Haul I did last year I have been really bad impressed by the way hostesses and stewards acted:
- A very warm welcome to a member of the staff out of duty... bringing drinks from WBC to EC,speaking a lot, greeting each others, beeing loudy.... (a bit of discretion please)
- Trays leaning on the ground (of course this before serving diner ).
- Barefeet in the galley !

Wonder, if there is some times any passenger X inspecting the way it's done overthere.

I know KL is (a bit of) Holland, but this flight seamed to bee "back in the post 68's years".
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
my points

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Sky Priority is a great concept, but implementation is its Achilles heel.

Have KL management taken steps to ensure that gate agents will at all times follow procedures and board the aircraft in the correct order, even at those AMS gates which have not (yet) had their infrastructure adapted to Sky Priority?
Originally Posted by MichielR
2. As Johan said better enforce (Or enforce in the first place) the boarding rules. Having the rules is a start but not worth much in a culture where rules are to be broken as in NL
  1. To develop on this idea, I believe this is just a symptom, not the disease itself. The problem is the way outstations are handled. This is true for both KL and AF: they don't seem to care AT ALL about what happens with the subcontracted outstation staff. Luggage, various elite benefits... all pretty random and overall disappointing. Considering that over half of the KL flights are from outstations (since there are also the tag-on flights, such as SIN-DPS), I would ask for better management of the outstations, with more consistency applied.
  2. I found that in most cases the KL cabin staff are quite pleasant. We do like to complain here, and there are exceptions but in all honesty I think they are doing pretty well. ^
  3. Clearly KL is pushing paid UGs. While we've been pretty vigilant on FT, it would be nice if they were more transparent about it. Saying that UGs are available on some flights for some price is not really saying much.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Let's have priority baggage actually be priority delivered so bags that are not labeled with the big florescent yellow marker are not to be amongst the priority bags coming out on the carrousel.

So far this has only been seen at NRT with my own eyes (and believe it or not at IST). I often count 10-15 bags without priority coming out first before the first priority bag can be seen.

It has to work, or just get rid of it altogether as it is a false selling point
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:53 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
What is the status of EC short-haul and what added benefits may be introduced?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
A toll-free FB line for Elites would be nice too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.