Wiki Posts
Search

Bravo KLM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up Bravo KLM

It is quite notorious that when we talk in these forums a great part of it is rants and complains (taxes, fares, FB "enhancements", I for once would like to let the sunshine in.

Sitting right know at the lounge in AMS after my flight to VLC (Operated by Transavia, codeshare KLM) has been delayed until 23:00 (17:45 original). After checking with TA, different posibilities I went to the lounge to ask about rebooking chances.

The guy from ticketing did an amazing job and reebooked me to Paris at no cost, good for him (already sent an email to KLM praising him).
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Are you rebooked via Paris, or now going to Paris instead of Valencia???
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Bravo KLM part II

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Are you rebooked via Paris, or now going to Paris instead of Valencia???
I was rebooked through Paris on the AF leaving at 19:00, which when I got to the gate was cancelled due to the aircraft going tech. Back to the lounge where the same guy looked at me and told "you weren´t on the 19:00, were you" .

Back to the rebooking, he offered me to fly next day with Transavia to VLC at 7:00 and issued all the vouchers, but told me that my name was not in the system yet and that he could not issue the boarding pass yet and to come back in 20 min.

After 20 min (that was 19:45 already) I got up and went to the desk, not before checking the departures and noticing that there was a flight to BCN at 20:30 that could allow me to sleep at home. I took it as my last oportunity and told "my friend" that last favour which he agreed and issued the tickects.

After all, I arrived home a litle bit later than supposed, without luggage but happy to be home.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
It's amazing that KLM doing exactly as they should is cause for celebration and praise. I don't understand the need for the post to be honest.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sherwood Hampton
It's amazing that KLM doing exactly as they should is cause for celebration and praise. I don't understand the need for the post to be honest.
Because its nice to see some praise when in reality, they did more than they HAD to. They could have told the OP to wait, but didn't. Seems reasonable to me.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by chunk73
Because its nice to see some praise when in reality, they did more than they HAD to. They could have told the OP to wait, but didn't. Seems reasonable to me.
Funny that you put an emphasize on that they did more than they HAD to KLM was dealing with an E+ PAX, the system allowed them to make the change without fuss, so didn't the agent in reality just do his/her job? Was this going the extra mile?

If so, we're in trouble folks

This said, it's actually nice to read some positive things once in a while ^
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by chunk73
You are more easily satisfied than I it seems.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by Cupart
Funny that you put an emphasize on that they did more than they HAD to KLM was dealing with an E+ PAX
E+? Who said anything about E+?

I have another thing to applaud KLM/Schiphol for. I fly with Cityhopper and most of the times when I arrive we park on the remote apron, which means buses to the terminal. On my two arrivals this week the buses did not drive us to the central bus dropoff point below the shops/restaurants in the Schengen area, instead we were dropped off in the area of Gates B1-B8, which is good since most pax are connecting to other Schengen flights, and many of them depart from the B-pier. ^
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marbe166
which is good since most pax are connecting to other Schengen flights.
How do you know?

KL's mainstay is shorthaul-longhaul transfers, and longhaul departures are by definition non-Schengen. I should also imagine that more Schengen flights depart from C and D gates, with B used for Cityhopper flights only. Give me the A bus gate any day.

Johan
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by marbe166
E+? Who said anything about E+?
I think by maybe looking at the OP's stats that we have a person holding E+ status => I believe FBG is STE+

Programs: TK *G, FB Gold & LH Sen (Status matched) IC Amb, A-Club Plat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.