Search

Miss flight by NS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Miss flight by NS

Dear all,
I was wondering, if you are flying in the lowest economy fare within Europe, and miss your flight by KLM because of traffic or NS, I heard rumours that KLM would put you onto the next flight to your destination free of charge?
Can anyone confirm?

Sincerely,

SB
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It may have happened, but there certainly is no written procedure saying that "any passenger claiming traffic/train delay will be accommodated on the next service". Your chances of this happening are undoubtedly improved when there is general train chaos (as happens so frequently these days!).

But if you're angling to see if you can miss your booked flight and fly on a later one, just because that would be more convenient for you, I would advise you that you are highly likely to not be travelling any further than Schiphol!

also, be advised that KLM E-tickets (nearly) always contain the following text, so if you were not to ring in advance to advise of a delay, and instead merely turn up at the airport well after checkin for your flight has closed or after your flight has departed, they would probably be less willing to help.

Indien U verhinderd bent het e-ticket te gebruiken, indien uw reisplannen wijzigen of u dit document per vergissing heeft ontvangen, bel dan met AF/KLM op:
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
DL has such 'flat tire rule'.

But I was wondering this myself as family will fly this week and train traffic to AMS has been a complete chaos some days the last months. Very often the Schipholtunnel was closed leading to major delays. One day, there wasn't any traintraffic around Amsterdam.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
If you have to go to Schiphol, you better take a train to Eindhoven or Rotterdam and rent a plane back to Schiphol. You might be faster in the end
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
DL has such 'flat tire rule'.
US carriers do, European ones don't. We are expected to claim on our travel insurance.

Different culture, different system.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How many airlines have you heard this particular rumour about?

SAS: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...l#post18329135
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
KLM i have only heard, with SAS i have self-experienced it but i forgot the name... had hoped someone could have told me there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.