Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating and General Experience on KLM's new A330-300

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Betrouwbaar
I understand when the curtains make it quite stuffy when they are closed hence the extra vents.
Ah . . . guess that makes sense.

Johan
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Evert-
AUA is a 3 pilot operation, thus 3AB will be blocked for crew rest...perhaps just not yet in the system. It is the only seat set with the fixed curtain and extra air vents, so it WILL be used.
I flew on a 1 month old A330 AMS-BON a couple of days ago. I assumed it was a 200, but I guess it was a 300 from these posts.

I can confirm that 3AB was blocked off as crew rest. It's the only part of the J cabin where the fixed curtain has been installed - I'll take Betrouwbaar's word on it (hah) that there are extra vents too.

Overall I thought it was a nice plane, though I can't understand why KLM would install such out of date J seats when the market has gone to fully flat about a decade ago. That's obviously a wider question than the 330 itself.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: KLM FB plat
Pete you sure it was a month old? The last -200 has the new(er) seats, as will the 2013 deliveries. The -300s have the new(er) seats as well. If 3ab was blocked and there were 2 business cabins, you were on a -200...the -300 has a single cabin rows 1-5....
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I thought all A333 (and A332 from PH-AOM) are equipped with the seat found in the B77W?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Gajan
I thought all A333 (and A332 from PH-AOM) are equipped with the seat found in the B77W?
Its kinda new seat, like that of SU i guess (not that flat like AF but an improvement vs older KL seats).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Pete you sure it was a month old? The last -200 has the new(er) seats, as will the 2013 deliveries. The -300s have the new(er) seats as well. If 3ab was blocked and there were 2 business cabins, you were on a -200...the -300 has a single cabin rows 1-5....
Interesting - I was just going on what the Steward told me. Has KLM done a refit of the 200 recently? Maybe that's what he was referring to when he said it was a month old.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: KLM FB plat
Pete- no refits recently. Last -200 delivered I think was in Oct 2010, the one with the newer seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.