Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Social Check-In [choose your own neighbour]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by B7e7US
It seems that I'm the only one using it on my next KLM flights.
This has been my consistent experience as well.

I always put "Ik heb zweetvoeten" (I have smelly feet) in the notes section, but so far this has never stopped the seat next to me from being occupied.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:26 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Same experience here.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
3 years later and yes... I am the only one using it also - it seems.
a fault with my settings? - Or have they disabled it????

IIRC when it first started there was a smattering of users on my seatmap
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I think its safe to conclude that this was just a gimmick which did not become a success.
Victor88 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Does anyone know if this is still a thing? The webpage is still there: https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pre...t_and_seat.htm and when asked on twitter they say it's still alive...

I suppose it was a dummy answer from a bot which just relayed the info from the website.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It seems to exist, but I haven't seen a single icon in all my flights with KLM... so either nobody else ever uses it, or it doesn't actually work.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:16 am

I used it as well with my linkedin profile without any affect except for once. I met another FF plat. but before we could get comfortable talking, we were sent back to our seats otherwise we would be 'conspiring'. Another one of those American viruses caught.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:44 pm

Hi ManMan. did you meet some people on flights when the program began though? the reason I ask is because I'm a journalist writing about the program and I am looking for people's stories about it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:23 am

I wouldn't use it, mainly because I dislike sitting next to anyone........especially if Mrs. Tezzer is travelling with me.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Could be a decent April Fool's joke for 2019 if KLM re-posts the old press release.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by Mirk
Does anyone know if this is still a thing? The webpage is still there: https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pre...t_and_seat.htm and when asked on twitter they say it's still alive...

I suppose it was a dummy answer from a bot which just relayed the info from the website.
Well Facebook is dead anyway.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
This has been my consistent experience as well.

I always put "Ik heb zweetvoeten" (I have smelly feet) in the notes section, but so far this has never stopped the seat next to me from being occupied.
I really like this! But you need to have written it in English, not Dutch. You could also write "I am an uncontrollable farter", but that might get you refused boarding. Another one to try is "I am an inveterate talker"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.