Search

KLM Secret Cities

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jpminard
ALEGOS Rechtsanwälte, Inhaber Roland Kirsten
44m

It is basically impossible to get right on. I put mine in the middle of the building...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:33 am

I hit 4 meters this time. On the sidewalk, approximately underneath the bottom of the left hand corner of the KLM picture.

Check this: Google street view of the entire street, with the same reflections in the windows
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
I think there's an easy way to find out the right place, it needs 3/4 twitter accounts to use as baits.

You test one position on one account, gives you the distance between your spot and the right one. You do the same for one or two other accounts.

Then you place markers on Google Maps corresponding to the positions you tested, you draw circles corresponding to the distance for each spot, then you should get the right one.

With your 'right' Twitter account, you mark the spot :P
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:20 am

Today's is up:

This city once hosted the Olympic Winter Games and is the 3rd biggest in Canada.

Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Today's is easy - at least for olympics-obsessed Canadians like me

Calgary Tower - got to within 2 m!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Yep!

But I thought Calgary was 4th biggest city after Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver :s
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Yep!

But I thought Calgary was 4th biggest city after Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver :s
I know, that one threw me off too...

But checking the List of most populous municipalities, Calgary is 3rd, with Vancouver a fairly distant 8th.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:52 am

Darn it, 38m! Huge letdown after getting within 8 yesterday!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:00 am

Where's everyone getting the text clue from? I can't spot it for the life of me. and I got to 38m today
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FT, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by evanderm
Where's everyone getting the text clue from? I can't spot it for the life of me. and I got to 38m today
The clues are on KLM's Twitter ! 2m... Almost there !
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:30 am

I can't believe that I was that far away (165m). Compare my pic with the KLM picture - almost the same! http://t.co/mzvwp7F
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: Many
2 meters !!!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by MTHTravel
I can't believe that I was that far away (165m). Compare my pic with the KLM picture - almost the same! http://t.co/mzvwp7F
In fact, you need to mark the spot of the identified building not the place where the photo was taken. I thought the same at first and realized it later.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Is this something like the KLM Secret Status promotion?

Log on to the website to see what status you have today!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:04 am

New day - new city

New day - new city

The picture is:

The clue is:
#hint Two football clubs in one stadium. Will that work out? #klmsecretcities http://secretcities.klm.com/
I hate soccer, so I hav no clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.