Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
AMS-SIN €319 old WBC. (M-fare ticket)

Couldn't resist and took it.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
CDG-ATL from PE(S) to J: 669 €. Didn't take it but could finally do a "Day-of-departure-upgrade" for 15k miles in the M-lounge.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
CDG-ATL from PE(S) to J: 669 €. Didn't take it but could finally do a "Day-of-departure-upgrade" for 15k miles in the M-lounge.
Did you have a DL or AF ticket?
Old May 31, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Did you have a DL or AF ticket?
It was an AF ticket.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:37 am

YYZ-AMS from Economy(M-fare): $360 CAD (think that's about 240 euros). Took it.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Flew with my wife to Rio de Janeiro. I am platinum elite for life and she is ivory. She was offered new WBC on the 787-9 for €329 (which i took) and I was offered none. Same booking. I could not even change my economy plus seat to an other...

Still a bit surprised she was only targeted and I was not. Also we could only buy the upgrade for her and not 2 for us...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Flew with my wife to Rio de Janeiro. I am platinum elite for life and she is ivory. She was offered new WBC on the 787-9 for €329 (which i took) and I was offered none. Same booking.
That makes no sense whatsoever, unless they had only one single seat left to upgrade to.

CPH-AMS today the usual €149, by the way. Only two out of 12 seats taken on departure, by an archetypal American cruise couple, no doubt traveling on a highly discounted fly/cruise ticket.

The purser showed some welcome initiative and moved the divider forward one row, thus freeing some extra seats for the elites packed in the comfort rows. Why they were all crammed into middle seats in the first place beats me, as I had three to myself.

Johan
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:52 am

YYC-AMS

Discounted Economy to WBC 592 CAD (about 400 EUR)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
TXL-AMS
For me as Platinum for life member 149 euro, my friend with Ivory status 99 euro (83 euro + 16 euro for exit row, already paid). Why do I get two different upgrade fares? Anybody a clue?

Since I am a plat for life, i haven't received any discounted upgrades possibility's.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Freewilly
TXL-AMS
For me as Platinum for life member 149 euro, my friend with Ivory status 99 euro (83 euro + 16 euro for exit row, already paid). Why do I get two different upgrade fares? Anybody a clue?

Since I am a plat for life, i haven't received any discounted upgrades possibility's.
Not sure of your maths here. Did your friend pay a total of €198 - in which case your price was a good discount - or had you both already paid the €83+16?

-- Henry
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
Originally Posted by Henry III
Not sure of your maths here. Did your friend pay a total of €198 - in which case your price was a good discount - or had you both already paid the €83+16?

-- Henry

I get the exit row for free and paid 16 euro's for my friend in advance. At the online checkin' i received a 80% discount picture.

When I select the business class seat his price was the discounted fare, I had to pay the normal price which is 149 euro. During my last 6 flights I didn't receive any discounted upgrades, while the flights were fully booked. This is since I become a platinum for life this year.

I didn't take that offer for a snack, but we both received a free upgrade today.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-CPH, the usual €149.--

OLCI was really dodgy and buggy. The only thing that worked properly was that fancy new anti-robot feature which asks me to tick a box and identify trees and ice creams. What followed was a series of mysterious error messages, e.g. 001.001.001.

I would have given up if it were not for the fact that they had seat-shifted me to an EC window seat. When I finally managed to get a seat map, I moved myself back to the only remaining EC seat, the very aisle seat I had originally been allocated.

Johan
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Freewilly
I get the exit row for free and paid 16 euro's for my friend in advance. At the online checkin' i received a 80% discount picture.

When I select the business class seat his price was the discounted fare, I had to pay the normal price which is 149 euro. During my last 6 flights I didn't receive any discounted upgrades, while the flights were fully booked. This is since I become a platinum for life this year.

I didn't take that offer for a snack, but we both received a free upgrade today.
OK, I get it now! (I misread your original "83+16".) So you paid €149 and your friend paid €99 (in total). That does seem to go against the principle of rewarding Platinum(-for-Life) members.

-- Henry
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III
That does seem to go against the principle of rewarding Platinum(-for-Life) members.
Perhaps the principle is simply to take them for granted.

Johan
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Perhaps the principle is simply to take them for granted.

Johan
Disingenuous by Nature?

-- Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.