The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Wrote in - three times. Not a peep of a response!

Complained to the FB team at the lounge near F gates and they just said not to expect to hear anything for 6 weeks !

Can I expect to hear anything really?
Did you get the miles?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by kroxy
I was orginally booked on a 25% fare. Upgraded as I said to WBC at PVG. I received 25%. Talked to KLM, and they fixed it, received 150%, booked in class D as you can see below, my boarding pass says C. I thought C was 250% but I don't mind. I am happy enough, and I can't bother to call KLM service desk again, for a while at least I am not sure how to say this more friendly, but it is really a pain if the wrong person picks up the phone.

KL 894 SHA AMS D 150 % 8291
SPECIAL ELITE BONUS MILES 75% 4145

Sorry for the late reply mate, didnt check the forums in a week.
my own experience with getting the miles is not that positive. I bought an upgrade to WBC on ICN-AMS (see former post), got the K miles (75%) I was originally booked in. So I sent an email to FB for a claim. got a phone call from them, they told me that my booking class hasn't been changed and that I couldn't get any more miles. That lady was not even polite anyway.

Any easy KLM contact somewhere (I have an AF Flying Blue card, therefore I only have AF contacts on it)? I am not sure to fly through AMS in a near future.

Thanks for hints!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Did you get the miles?
No C miles. Nothing. Just 25%! Not even a response to my original letters!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Would you take a tatl from Ams for 291 euros - east coast?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:10 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by ajs123
Would you take a tatl from Ams for 291 euros - east coast?
Personally I would. The extra miles & added travel comfort would win me over.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Gajan
Personally I would. The extra miles & added travel comfort would win me over.
+1 ^
It's a good offer
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

I took it! Gajan & Zembla - I do hope you are getting a cut from the upgrade fee

Last edited by ajs123; Jun 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by ajs123
I took it! Gajan & Zembla - I do hope you are getting a cut from the upgrade fee
Enjoy the flight!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-CPH. Nine out of 12 KLC sandwiches on offer at 179.-- each.

No way!

Flight looks far from full in Y, and to my utter amazerment they have pre-allocated me an aisle seat on the first Y row. Even the adjacent window seat is still vacant, but that won't last long. When I recently flew in the other direction on a half-full flight, only the first five or six rows had occupied middle seats.

Johan
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:12 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I had read here that KL still sometimes blocks the middle seat in case both isle and window are elites. So when I noticed that the window seat got taken on a recent flight (I was at isle)...and then a couple hours later the middle seat too, I expected this was the case.

Well..no dice. First 5 rows of eco had the middle seat free, except, of course, mine. Grmbl!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had read here that KL still sometimes blocks the middle seat in case both isle and window are elites. So when I noticed that the window seat got taken on a recent flight (I was at isle)...and then a couple hours later the middle seat too, I expected this was the case.

Well..no dice. First 5 rows of eco had the middle seat free, except, of course, mine. Grmbl!
It is just a rumor, not a KL policy - they don't block out anything. And first rows in Y are available for non-elites during OLCI.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: HA premier club, Platinum Amex, DL SM and reserve, United Mileage Plus Club
For those interested in fare class for upgrades to World Business class, I got offered a paid upgrade for $245 today on my flight from AMS to HAM with origin in SFO with no elite status and a fare class in R on Delta. I booked the flight with Delta but checked in with KLM as the entire journey was operated by them. I upgraded my first leg to Economy Comfort 2 weeks in advance and then World Business class upon check in for the second leg. I do have the Delta Reserve Card from Amex though which gives upgrade priority within each booking class to card holders, that may have had a play in it. All in all though, not a bad deal
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
You upgraded AMS-HAM (or v.v.) for $245?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-MNL tomorrow seems to be full in WBC, but they were offering 19 Economy Comfort seats at 90.-- Is the price for EC fixed per route, or does it fluctuate according to supply and demand? Emergency exit row seats were 70.--

Off topic, but I noticed that four out of five pax traveling have paid 177.12 in taxes and charges, the fifth 142.90. The former are booked in the H bucket, the latter in Q. Do taxes and charges really vary with the fare bucket? Have I missed something here?

Johan
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: HA premier club, Platinum Amex, DL SM and reserve, United Mileage Plus Club
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
You upgraded AMS-HAM (or v.v.) for $245?

Yeah, was it not so good? I am not familiar with prices from inter-European destinations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.