Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Mol
Never seen this before, with a second offer at a lower price, but I was surely happy with it!
I had a similar experience on AF this July.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:28 am

AMS-SOU

Offered at Ł61 or about €73 and took it.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
GVA-AMS €149. There was also an 'offer' for EC for €12. On the next page the regular price was €20.
EBC went out empty (8 seats, 2 rows).

I keep wondering if people pay for EC. Had a very light load yesterday. I wanted to have a seat next to me vacant. During OLCI every seat was greyed out (weight and balance?) and at check-in they couldn't do anything either. Asked at the gate for a seat without neighbour and was 'upgraded' to EC without any mention of it. Once inflight everybody was invited to change seats. You'd have to feel pretty stupid if you had paid €20 for that hour-long flight.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
EBC went out empty (8 seats, 2 rows).

I keep wondering if people pay for EC. Had a very light load yesterday. I wanted to have a seat next to me vacant. During OLCI every seat was greyed out (weight and balance?) and at check-in they couldn't do anything either. Asked at the gate for a seat without neighbour and was 'upgraded' to EC without any mention of it. Once inflight everybody was invited to change seats. You'd have to feel pretty stupid if you had paid €20 for that hour-long flight.
20€ for 1 hour makes no sense indeed.
But with 50% discount, it is normally somewhere around 4-7€ and I would happily pay it on the longer flights when flying solo as those seats have a power plug.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Mol
SFO-AMS 834 euro at check-in, didn't take it. When verifying my economy comfort seating a few hours before departure, was offered again but now for 314 euro and took it. There were only 3 business seats left.

Never seen this before, with a second offer at a lower price, but I was surely happy with it!
I have seen this before on this route, when I was at the airport (maybe 3 hours to departure) when it went down to ~400 euros. Also grabbed it.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:40 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Are these offers only through the KLM website? If I'm on a DL ticket on KLM metal, I won't get these offers, correct?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by pvn
Are these offers only through the KLM website? If I'm on a DL ticket on KLM metal, I won't get these offers, correct?
I believe when I bought a ticket through DL last year that was only KL flights I received an offer on check-in.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
For what it's worth, an itinerary I had booked through Delta was ineligible for upgrades (as well as changes!) according to Customer Care.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by caliform
For what it's worth, an itinerary I had booked through Delta was ineligible for upgrades (as well as changes!) according to Customer Care.
Have changed/upgraded KLM flights with miles/GUC.
If you buy certain low fare classes then they most likely have restrictions. If you have the right fare classes it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Have changed/upgraded KLM flights with miles/GUC.
If you buy certain low fare classes then they most likely have restrictions. If you have the right fare classes it shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah, particularly it was a V-class fare booked w/ an OTA with a DL flight number. Not sure if that matters but I am sure it adds up.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:03 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. Did you upgrade a KLM flight with Delta miles? Was it a DL flight number (codeshare) or a KLM flight number? Was it a DL or KL ticket? Does there need to be O availability for a miles upgrade? There are a lot of questions and people just say "oh yeah it worked for me" but it's usually not clear what the exact situation was.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-CPH the usual ridiculous €149.-- 9/12 available.

Johan
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not sure, PVN. It was an OTA ticket purchase, DL ticket, KL numbered flights. It was completely 'locked' in that I couldn't do any class upgrade, and nor could customer care.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPH-AMS, the usual ridiculous €149.-- No fewer than 18/20 seats available.

Interesting that the curtain has not been moved forward to offer more EC seats, for which demand is insatiable.

The flight looks wide open, but they will surely find some pax checking in at the last minute to cram into the two EC middle seats.

Johan
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Interesting that the curtain has not been moved forward to offer more EC seats, for which demand is insatiable.
Probably because SK does the same thing on that and every other Euro route. I was on CPH-CDG recently and they had about 15 rows of their SAS Plus seating, with only two people sat there. The rest of the plane was pretty full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.