Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:06 am

Anyone knows how much is the OCLI upgrade (if available) for KL877 from BKK-
TPE?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ycp81
Anyone knows how much is the OCLI upgrade (if available) for KL877 from BKK-
TPE?
There aren't 'fixed' upgrade prices for longhaul. So you'd have to wait and see at OLCI.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
When does the offer for buy ups occur? I did OLCI 29 hrs prior and was not offered this option...

Maybe one should check in later?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:08 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
When does the offer for buy ups occur? I did OLCI 29 hrs prior and was not offered this option...

Maybe one should check in later?
It only occurs if the flight is most likely overbooked and even then the upgrade offer is not extended to everyone.

I was flying AMS-TXL-AMS on the 8th and back on the 9th.

Outbound I was offered the upgrade for 79EUR and grabbed it as I didn't had breakfast yet. I checked in at T-23hrs or so. Sequence number is 35.

On the inbound I was not offered the upgrade and when checking in at the airport I inquired about my seat and if the middle seat is still free. No, it's not as the plane is fully booked. So I asked jokingly "and I am not sitting up front then?" and was informed that I am number two on the upgrade list but have not been upgraded yet. Luckily I got the red light plus beep at the gate and a new boarding pass with 1F on it.

Based on my experience the number of OPUPs has been going down since offering the paid upgrade option. It looks like KLM is a bit more generous offering the paid upgrade than it is with OPUPs but will still only offer them when the plane is fully or at least nearly booked.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by ixs
Outbound I was offered the upgrade for 79EUR and grabbed it as I didn't had breakfast yet. I checked in at T-23hrs or so. Sequence number is 35.
Interesting reason, makes an expensive breakfast.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I received an email today regarding the DXB-CDG leg of my LHR-CDG-DXB-CDG-LHR trip this weekend on AF - offered PV for 149EUR or J for 289EUR. I had to register and it said I would know 5 days out of I had received the upgrade. I booked a cheap fare, but was pleased to get this offer! We'll see what happens.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
AMS-JFK Upgrade to C for EUR 340?

I just checked my spouse in for her trip to JFK tomorrow afternoon and I'm quite sure when hoovering over the C cabin it said I could get the seat for an additional EUR 340 extra (both on the UD and rows 1-3 on the LD). Surely this can't be right? Y comfort was EUR 48 extra per seat...

I also quite sure that it said that I could upgrade the whole trip for EUR 1,700 which sounds more right before I got to the actual seat selection.

Oh, she's also FBG if it makes any difference...

Does the EUR 340 per seat sound right?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-ups-olci.html
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwoman
I received an email today regarding the DXB-CDG leg of my LHR-CDG-DXB-CDG-LHR trip this weekend on AF - offered PV for 149EUR or J for 289EUR. I had to register and it said I would know 5 days out of I had received the upgrade. I booked a cheap fare, but was pleased to get this offer! We'll see what happens.
FB has tried to call me twice (30 min before/after the time I gave them), so I have not been able to talk to a person regarding this offer. I did email them yesterday to the address given but have not received a reply.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Robin
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
FB has tried to call me twice (30 min before/after the time I gave them), so I have not been able to talk to a person regarding this offer. I did email them yesterday to the address given but have not received a reply.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Robin
This was previously reported on HKG-CDG (by Brunos???) IIRC. Indeed one had to register in kind off a bidding system.
I'd say the offer is pretty nice BUT I remember that this offer DOESN'T grant the PV/J mileage.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
This was previously reported on HKG-CDG (by Brunos???) IIRC. Indeed one had to register in kind off a bidding system.
I'd say the offer is pretty nice BUT I remember that this offer DOESN'T grant the PV/J mileage.
Right - it is in the T&C's of the email the sent me. That said, I am willing to spend some $ for space.

Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: fb/g
Originally Posted by Cupart
I just checked my spouse in for her trip to JFK tomorrow afternoon and I'm quite sure when hoovering over the C cabin it said I could get the seat for an additional EUR 340 extra (both on the UD and rows 1-3 on the LD). Surely this can't be right? Y comfort was EUR 48 extra per seat...

I also quite sure that it said that I could upgrade the whole trip for EUR 1,700 which sounds more right before I got to the actual seat selection.

Oh, she's also FBG if it makes any difference...

Does the EUR 340 per seat sound right?
Sounds perfectly right. The price is comparable to most of the longhaul olci upgrades mentioned in this thread. Note that you will get 125 or 150% miles for the upgraded leg. There is of course no guarantee at all that a similar offer will be made on the return flight.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I was offered a €79 buy-up to business CPH-AMS on a flight that looks J1 Y0, declined.

On my connecting flight to SFO (Y0 J2) nothing was offered. Could this be that it is still more than 30h before its departure and/or that it is booked with DL-code?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:19 am

I was booked LHR - AMS - ABUJA a couple of weeks ago and while on online check was offered to upgrade the AMS - ABUJA flight for 229 Euros so i took it, was quiite surprised and there were hardly any seats left in business class also, flight was clearly overbooked which makes sense for an airline, they are better off generating some extra revenue then non and upgrading people for free.

Was well worth the upgrade...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I was offered a 79 buy-up to business CPH-AMS on a flight that looks J1 Y0, declined.

On my connecting flight to SFO (Y0 J2) nothing was offered. Could this be that it is still more than 30h before its departure and/or that it is booked with DL-code?
Funny, we are two passengers in my pnr. When I do online check-in for me only (Elite plus) I'm offered the upgrade CPH-AMS. But when I check-in both me and my non-status travel partner neither of us is offered the upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.