KLM Royal Palace and Waag

Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Question KLM Royal Palace and Waag

Hey, I have just completed my KLM houses collection (almost -- just missing 90 and 91).

What is the real story with the Royal Palace and Waag ? A lot of sources say they give them to honeymoon couples, although no-one in KLM was ever able to confirm this, or to even think how they would record a honeymoon couple and order the item for them.

Does KLM ever give those items out to passengers / customers ? To whom, and how, based on what ?

I hear the Royal Palace has been discontinued anyway, but that's another matter.

I know I can purchase them online. But if I made my whole collection just by flying (I even write the flight number and route on a label on the back), I would feel odd buying those special items at this point.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
AFAIK, the Royal Palace used to be given out to honeymooners in Royal Class, as the Waag is given to honeymooners in WBC - at least they did that until a few years ago - have no recent confirmation.
When we were on our honeymoon the Waag was not on board but they send it to our home address afterwards - a simple request to the purser.

More difficult was that we were seated on 77K and 10B or something like that - but that was also corrected before take off.

Since the Royal Palace can no longer be obtained the proper way, you could purchase it - like we did - to complete your collection. As for the Waag - get confirmation on the current policy and then a honeymoon would suffice.

best with the planning

PJH
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pjhartog
and then a honeymoon would suffice.

PJH
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The Royal Palace is supposed to be only issued only to the winner of some golf tournament KL sponsors. At least according to the book that was published when House 90 was released last year.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pjhartog
As for the Waag - get confirmation on the current policy and then a honeymoon would suffice.
PJH
Thanks !

But that's the problem: no-one seems to know what the policy is. I did mention to several pursers who had no idea. And when I wrote to Customer Relations, all they did was refer me to the website...

This is why I was wondering whether anyone here knows what the policy actually is, or where we could find it... or which department to ask I guess.

Cheers.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
AFAIK, the Royal Palace used to be given to honeymoon couples many years ago, not sure if it was only in Royal Class or also in Business/Tourist Class.
Then KLM changed the policy and for a few years De Waag was given away instead.
But now I guess neither is given out, I've seen honeymoon couples in Y class who get a glass of champagne (yeah real glass in Y!) and a random house.
Not sure what they do in J class now, maybe an extra house?

KLM has some special editions like the Royal Palace and the "Ridderzaal" but in lower scale (so much larger in size) that are given out in special occasions (I guess like the winner of the KLM Open got one). But those are very rare. Just read on the internet that the Ridderzaal was a gift to attendants of an airline CEO dinner in the same venue in 2009. So you know who to contact if you're looking for one of those

http://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/abou...n_KLM_lane.htm

Last edited by jetfan; Dec 26, 2010 at 2:02 am
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: AF-KL PE, IB-silver
Last year I obtained the waag on my honeymoon to africa. Whether the house is still given to just-married couples, i do not know. I do not make such trips every year.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by FlyingOverParis
Last year I obtained the waag on my honeymoon to africa. Whether the house is still given to just-married couples, i do not know. I do not make such trips every year.
Very surprising, I thought it was taken out of production years ago.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm... Ok, but still, what is the input in Amadeus to say you are on honeymoon and get the Waag ?

OS KL COUPLE ON HONEYMOON X PLEASE GIVE WAAG X THKS
SR KL WAAG

Any idea ? I just don't get the feeling that anyone in KLM (at least those I spoke to) actually know.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: AF-KL PE, IB-silver
I arranged flights with points by using tel call with platina assistence. However I only got house afterwards, one of the trolleys was not locked in Joburg and contents stolen.
House does not have year, like other houses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.