New Check-in arrangements Amsterdam Schiphol airport

Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
New Check-in arrangements Amsterdam Schiphol airport

From 11 January 2011 all KLM/DL flights to the USA and Paramaribo (Surinam) will be moved to departure hall 3. This will be done to improve the baggage system and the infrastructure.
  • Premium passengers can check-in at row 17. For these passengers there will also be a fast-track immigration line in departure hall 3.
  • Economy class passengers can check in at row 18 and 19.

In my opinion this will be a good move to spread the people mass as sometimes the line for the Economy class desks can be huge.
I presume this will mean that they will reduce the number of check-in desks in departure hall 2?

Gajan

Last edited by Gajan; Dec 14, 2010 at 8:33 am
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Seems they took over HV's check-in space who are now moving to Lounge 1.
Good to see there is a fast-track lane for premium pax. And the distance to the lounge is (albeit minimal) smaller.
But check-in will be further from the gates as US flights (at least DL IIRC) depart from the E-concourse.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
From what I hear it's a temporary move as they are connecting the check-in desks in Hall 2 to the new baggage systems. This means that there will be less check-in desks in Hall 2 in use indeed. But dividing the passenger loads over halls 2 and 3 should indeed lead to less congestion.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:47 am
Original Poster

This situation will continue until the end of 2012.

Vluchten naar de Verenigde Staten en Paramaribo: vertrekhal 3
Voor passagiers die van Amsterdam Schiphol naar de verenigde Staten of
Paramaribo reizen geldt, dat tot eind 2012 de check-in faciliteiten tijdelijk
verhuizen naar vertrekhal 3.

Vertrekhal 3
Vanaf 11 januari 2011 starten alle KLM en Delta Air Lines reizigers hun reis van
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport naar de Verenigde Staten of Paramaribo in
vertrekhal 3.

Faciliteiten

Alle reguliere check-in faciliteiten in vertrekhal 3 staan ter beschikking van deze passagiers Premium passagiers kunnen inchecken bij balierij 17. Balierijen 18 en 19 zijn gereserveerd voor Economy Class passagiers.

Voor het gemak van de passagiers doen we continue ons best een soepele
incheckprocedure en bagageafhandeling te realiseren. De tijdelijke verhuizing van de check-in faciliteiten en bagageafgiftepunten naar vertrekhal 3 voor deze
vluchten is nodig om onze service te kunnen verbeteren.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Also on "really busy days" (start of holidays etc) check-in for KLM flight starting with KL 7XX will also be moved to Departure hall 3.

Op extreem drukke dagen, zoals de start van de meivakantie, worden bovendien KLM-vluchten waarvan de vluchtnummers met een 7 beginnen verplaatst naar Vertrekhal 3.
source

Gajan
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:39 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
What is special about flights kl7xx? Are they to a certain continent or area only?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Xandrios
What is special about flights kl7xx? Are they to a certain continent or area only?
Apparently many pax checking-in in AMS so much less connecting passengers on those flights, especially PBM/CUR/AUA/BON.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetfan
especially PBM
Off topic, but I read that pax and travel agents in Holland are up in arms, because KL now requires that tickets to PBM be paid in full six months before departure.

Johan
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Off topic, but I read that pax and travel agents in Holland are up in arms, because KL now requires that tickets to PBM be paid in full six months before departure.

Johan
I guess there are too many "travel agencies" going "bankrupt".
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:13 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Gajan
Also on "really busy days" (start of holidays etc) check-in for KLM flight starting with KL 7XX will also be moved to Departure hall 3.

source

Gajan

Gajan,

It's going to be chaos in departures 3 with the holidays, that's for sure.
If you see the lines already, without KL checking in 3, it is really madness in peak days.
hopefully they have enough staff for the passport control.

means that i have stand in line longer for my coffee, damn't.

dutch_122
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dutch_122
hopefully they have enough staff for the passport control
When you see the crowds of smoking immigrations officers hanging around the terminal entrances, it is not only apparent that they have plenty of staff, but also obvious why the lines at passport control are so long!

Johan
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
When you see the crowds of smoking immigrations officers hanging around the terminal entrances, it is not only apparent that they have plenty of staff, but also obvious why the lines at passport control are so long!

Johan
Lines, what lines? I never stand in line (unless the privium queue is busy)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evanderm
Lines, what lines? I never stand in line (unless the privium queue is busy)
I do find the queues quite long sometimes when coming back to the country. Compared to other countries which tend to have one entry point Schiphol has spread them out but in my opinion The Marechaussee could open a few counters more at peak times (specially when coming back from the E/F-gates).
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:18 am

I wasn't talking about the lines for the counters, which, yes: they can be horrendous. Many times I've had to excuse my way through the crowd to get to the Privium barrier with of course all the dirty looks from the people thinking I'm jumping their queue. If anyone comments and tries to stop me I politely explain that I've paid €189 to be able to not stand where they're standing and if they travel often on a EU or US passport they should look into it.

I have yet to experience scowls of the people in the queue when the Privium barrier doesn't let me through and I am led to the front of the line at the nearest counter.

All that being said, I do think that they should do a better job at manning the counters. The transfer desks are the worst in my experience.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evanderm
I do think that they should do a better job at manning the counters.
They easily could by no longer screening departing pax, focussing on arrivals only. Many countries don't check departures, the Dutch only do to collect outstanding fines.

Johan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.