Wiki Posts
Search

Nametags

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum
Nametags

I recall that flight attendants / staffers from KLM always used to have printed nametags pinned on their lapels - first initial and family name - but now they say something like Attendant or Agent or Niet Mogelijk.

Why the change - is it a security issue?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:38 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Victor88
I recall that flight attendants / staffers from KLM always used to have printed nametags pinned on their lapels - first initial and family name - but now they say something like Attendant or Agent or Niet Mogelijk.

Why the change - is it a security issue?
This was done as part of the new uniform design last year or so. No real reason was ever mentioned.

Some people are of course claiming that this was done so that it impossible to complain about a specific Snork maiden. But this is obviously bogus. I am sure this is just another enhancement due to common requests by the most valued passengers who were confused by the many names or so...
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:08 pm

So much for accountability...
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
niet mogelijk?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:42 pm

Hate to disappoint, but it was done for legal reasons, to comply with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wpb). If you should feel the need to complain about a specific employee, your seat number, a physical description and their function on board would surely be enough to get them invited to the office..
Old Nov 19, 2010, 4:56 am

Wonder when they will change the announcements to protect the accused and say that your purser today is Purser Hansje K. who is assisted by Assistant Purser Mutsje T.?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by iquitos
niet mogelijk?
'Not possible' for the ex KLM UK crew.

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
Purser Hansje K. who is assisted by Assistant Purser Mutsje T.?
By the way, shouldn't it be Hansje W.?

Most crew still carry their KL ID which still shows their names & dob if you want to extend a compliment
Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by jb2008
Hate to disappoint, but it was done for legal reasons, to comply with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wpb). If you should feel the need to complain about a specific employee, your seat number, a physical description and their function on board would surely be enough to get them invited to the office..
Function? With the exception of the purser they all have the same function. And on Cityhopper flights there is no way of telling which of them is the more senior one. And I've been on plenty of flights where they were both tall, female, Dutch, with long blonde hair tied into a ponytail. So - how do you describe the one who was rude to you when they look like identical twins?

And how can a badge with a person's first name possibly breach data protection? Rather than remove badges altogether they should have replaced the far-too-formal initial-and-surname format by badges with a first name only - which is fairly much the norm in the English-speaking world, and which I don't believe would breach any data protection laws.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
By the way, shouldn't it be Hansje W.?
^
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:22 pm

Maybe this change just to clarify the rank among the crews, not for passengers' sake.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Function? With the exception of the purser they all have the same function. And on Cityhopper flights there is no way of telling which of them is the more senior one. And I've been on plenty of flights where they were both tall, female, Dutch, with long blonde hair tied into a ponytail. So - how do you describe the one who was rude to you when they look like identical twins?
That's not correct.
On Cityhopper flights the more Senior one now has a badge with "inflight Supervisor" and a broad ( ) silver stripe.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetfan
On Cityhopper flights the more Senior one now has a badge with "inflight Supervisor"
Amazing! On a flight with a cabin crew of two or at most three, one has to be paid to supervise the other(s)?

Johan
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
I think from now on all KLM PAX should wear name tags, so the the FA's would know who to complain about interrupting their leisure time, ups, sorry I mean when working

"No more upgrades for you Mr. Van Der Schwemenhuijsi, formerly known as seat 45K"
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cupart
"No more upgrades for you Mr. Van Der Schwemenhuijsi, formerly known as seat 45K"
Where was he sitting initially if he got upgraded to 45K?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Where was he sitting initially if he got upgraded to 45K?
Touché my friend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.