will my bags make it?

Old Nov 16, 10, 9:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
will my bags make it?

Hi Guys,

Appologies if I'm not posting this in the right place, but hopefully somebody can help me.

I fly from Kazakhstan (GUW) into Schiphol Friday morning at 9:35am. My onward connection the UK (NCL) is at 10:35am leaving me just one hour connection time.

My first question is, am I right in thinking I will not have to go through Passport control and security with me comming from and heading too non schengen countries?

Also is one hour long enough for my bags to make it? (they will be checked through right to the UK so no need for me to claim at AMS)

Thank you for your help
steven_b76 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 10, 10:34 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,737
Hello, steven_b76, welcome to FlyerTalk !

Yes, you are correct. You do not need to go through passport control and that your bags will go on to London. Yes, 1 hour is usually sufficient for transfer.

From GUW, you will be given your boarding pass for AMS and NCL as well. So upon arrival at AMS, just check the television monitors for any possible gate change and go straight to the departure gate.
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Nov 16, 10, 11:40 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Ivory
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by steven_b76 View Post
I will not have to go through Passport control and security with me comming from and heading too non schengen countries?
In addition to Guy Betsy's reply, please note that (if I am not mistaken) you will have to go through security again at Amsterdam, but since this will happen at your departure gate it can hardly delay you.

Providing your incoming flight is on time, your 1 hour connection should be no problem for both yourself as well as your bag(s).
KL895 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 10, 12:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Hello, steven_b76, welcome to FlyerTalk !

Yes, you are correct. You do not need to go through passport control and that your bags will go on to London. Yes, 1 hour is usually sufficient for transfer.

From GUW, you will be given your boarding pass for AMS and NCL as well. So upon arrival at AMS, just check the television monitors for any possible gate change and go straight to the departure gate.
emphasis added.

Your bags will of course go to NCL.

1 hour for non-Schengen to non-Schengen is ok, if your inbound is not delayed of course.

You will not need to go through passport control, but will be subject to a security check at the gate.
MichielR is offline  
Old Nov 17, 10, 3:47 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 24,416
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
emphasis added.

Your bags will of course go to NCL.
'Of course' might be optimistic! there is a small chance Guy Betsy might just have had a premonition!!
orbitmic is offline  
Old Nov 18, 10, 1:13 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Posts: 1,448
Yes one hour is enough for YOU to get from gate to gate, you will go through another security check at the gate.
The transfer of your luggage is however not guaranteed.
I am assuming you are coming in on Air Astana (KC) and going out on KLM?
KC are with Menzies Ground handling if I am not mistaken and generally at airports "inter handling" situations can be more risky.
jetfan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread