Online Check-in Question

Old Aug 28, 10, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Online Check-in Question

I am flying on monday from Basel to Jacksonville.
First I'll be flying from Basel to Amsterdam with KLM (operated by Airfrance)
Then I'll be flying from Amsterdam to Atlanta with KLM (operated by Delta)
and lastly I'll be flying from Atlanta to Jacksonville with KLM (operated by Delta as well).
The Ticket Confirmation I got from Travelocity only gives me the Online Check-in flight for the first flight. When i check in online then will i be automatically able to check in with the other flights as well? And if not, is there a Check in kiosk in Amsterdam? Will my luggage directly go to Jacksonville?
Old Aug 28, 10, 12:51 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Wow, all 3 flights non-KLM but with KLM flight number.
The first sector is operated by Cityjet.
Yes, you should be able to get your boarding passes for at least the first 2 sectors in Basel, maybe even for the 3rd one if that flight is open for check-in.
If not, visit the transfer kiosk at the transfer centers.
Have a good trip!
Old Aug 30, 10, 6:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by jetfan View Post
Wow, all 3 flights non-KLM but with KLM flight number.
The first sector is operated by Cityjet.
Yes, you should be able to get your boarding passes for at least the first 2 sectors in Basel, maybe even for the 3rd one if that flight is open for check-in.
If not, visit the transfer kiosk at the transfer centers.
Have a good trip!
You should be able to check-in for all your flights at once when check-in is opened for the first flight, as long as it's within the same "travel".
Old Aug 30, 10, 8:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Mokshu View Post
You should be able to check-in for all your flights at once when check-in is opened for the first flight, as long as it's within the same "travel".
That's what I said.
Old Aug 30, 10, 9:03 am

Happy News.....

Head office has authorised my country office to make the required changes on the ticket at no cost....I am very happy with KLM service. Thank you all for taking your time and sharing the input. Very much appreciated.
Old Aug 30, 10, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by pinkyshiv View Post
Happy News.....

Head office has authorised my country office to make the required changes on the ticket at no cost....I am very happy with KLM service. Thank you all for taking your time and sharing the input. Very much appreciated.
I think you replied to the wrong post, this one is about online check-in.
Old Aug 30, 10, 12:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by jetfan View Post
That's what I said.
I added the fact that even if the third segment is closed for check-in, you should be able to do it as first segment is a connection flight.
Old Aug 30, 10, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mokshu View Post
I added the fact that even if the third segment is closed for check-in, you should be able to do it as first segment is a connection flight.
I doubt whether this is correct but I have insufficient information provided to me about the Deltamatics system of Delta (in which I assume the 3rd sector is handled).
What is true is that when checking in online, flights open 30 hours (24 for US flights) before the first sector and you can check-in subsequent sectors too, so quite some hours sooner than passengers without connecting flights -but usually only if the flight is open for check-in in the respective DCS.
Sometimes >30 hours before departure they are still preparing the flight meaning check-in is inhibited.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: