Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Wont let me choose seat. under 90 days 'till flight. pls help me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:14 am
Original Poster

I am leaving for the US on april 30th. TRD-AMS-ATL.
I am now trying to choose seats, but there is not possible yet? Why is this? Its now 89 days till departure.

Ive tried klm.com, airfrance.com and delta.com, but neither wont let me choose a seat.

Thanks
Andre
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is it 89 days before departure from TRD or AMS? Could make a difference since the 90-day-in-advance thing only works for longhaul.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:53 pm

Did you buy KLM ticket stock or something else? If you bought DL flight numbers for example (i.e. you purchased off delta.com and selected the KL flights with DL numbers), you wont be allowed to select the economy comfort zone....
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Assuming you are booked in economy, then you should be able to select your seats for the long-haul (AMS-ATL) sector at T-90d, but the TRD-AMS seats will only be selectable at the time of (on-line) check-in (from 30 hours before departure ... but this may be a bit weird for trip to the US).

If you can't even select seats for the l/h sector, then, as they say, "we have a problem!" Where did you buy your tix? If on klm.com, airfrance.com or delta.com, then any of these should show your booking: enter your 6-character booking code (PNR) and you should see your itinerary. The new KLM site should then give you a "Seating" option. Does this happen? If so, is there an specific message saying why you can't select your seat?

-- Henry
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
This happened to me too. I usually book through the AF site, but I found a better routing (NTE-AMS-ARN) through KLM so I purchased my ticket there. I can access the reservation through the KLM site, but it shows my seating as non confirmed. Is this because they are European flights? Don't I get to pick a Economy Comfort seat as a Platinum member?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boatboy
This happened to me too. I usually book through the AF site, but I found a better routing (NTE-AMS-ARN) through KLM so I purchased my ticket there. I can access the reservation through the KLM site, but it shows my seating as non confirmed. Is this because they are European flights? Don't I get to pick a Economy Comfort seat as a Platinum member?
You can't choose your seats until OLCI unless you are booked in free newspaper class.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by Boatboy
this because they are European flights? Don't I get to pick a Economy Comfort seat as a Platinum member?
Reserving seats in economy can be done on intercontinental flights only (within 90 days prior to your flight); On European flights you can only select a seat when you check in online. Economy Comfort does not exist on European flights; only intercontinental.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks for all the help....I guess I'm more accustomed to the set-up of the AF website.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:13 am

I'll be travelling in "free newspaper class" on OSL-AMS-ATL later this year (more than 90 days to go...).

The tickets was bought at delta.com, the flights have DL-flightnumbers but the flight is operated by KLM.

I'm DL Gold Medallion. Will I be able to choose seats online? My return is operated by Delta and I have already now managed to pick my seats on the return (except AMS-OSL that is operated by KLM...). But my outbound flights are all operated by KLM and I have not managed to do the same with these flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.