Search

Limited KLM offers: what a disappointment [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Limited KLM offers: what a disappointment [merged]

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my disappointment with you all, as I had just started looking at tickets to the Netherlands from GVA.

Today, Oct 7, I get an email from KLM to celebrate the 90th anniversary of KLM, offering CHF 90 round trip tickets to AMS.

The catch ... the tickets need to be booked TODAY.

I'm sorry, I'm willing to work an offer, but sending me an email at 11:32 am with an offer that expires 12:28 hours later is just ridiculous.

Just venting, all the more reason to abandon Flying Blue and AF/KL.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my disappointment with you all, as I had just started looking at tickets to the Netherlands from GVA.

Today, Oct 7, I get an email from KLM to celebrate the 90th anniversary of KLM, offering CHF 90 round trip tickets to AMS.

The catch ... the tickets need to be booked TODAY.

I'm sorry, I'm willing to work an offer, but sending me an email at 11:32 am with an offer that expires 12:28 hours later is just ridiculous.

Just venting, all the more reason to abandon Flying Blue and AF/KL.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
The tickets are booked in U class (UACT0SW) = no FB miles! GenevaFlyer is right, the offer is practically useless!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I was wondering what the U class was about. I saw it for some flights when looking up availability.

New FB trick: instead of decreasing mileage levels awarded for some fare classes, which has already been done as of April 1st (and BIG time!), sneak a new fare class that does not earn any miles. That's low... very low.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Ok, so it's a bit stingy w.r.t. miles but I'd still seriously consider a RT to AMS (from GLA) for €90, if my schedule permitted it! However: (a) I didn't get the email offer and (b) I've already requalified for PE this year (so it's just a matter of 748 miles not going in the bank, though I could probably get 500 miles by staying at an appropriate hotel).

Maybe I'll have a look at the KL website, to see if I can find the offer!

-- Henry
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: A-Club PLT, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Wink KLM 90 years celebration fares, book today only

ex germany:

Europe from € 119,- (geneva,liverpool,milan,nice,oslo,rome,stockholm,v enice,warsaw)
Fare quoted for a roundtrip from all German KLM departure airports incl. tax, charges and Ticket Service Charge. Credit card surcharge may apply. Limited number of seats available.
Conditions:Book Bookable only on 07.10.2009 Travel Between 01.11.2009 - 28.02.2010 Stay Night from Saturday to Sunday

http://www.klm.com/travel/de_en/camp...sary/index.htm

On top of the competition, KLM has come up with a special treat for you today. For just one day, book your flight to one of nine European destinations starting from only 119 €. In addition, KLM will give away shopping vouchers worth 10 € to its first 500 customers today for use at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

Ex France:

Ams for € 90,-

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_nl/redi...ebt_home.htm?c[0].os=&c[0].ds=AMS&c[0].dd=2009-11-27&c[1].dd=2009-11-29&flex=true&goToPage=home_return

Various other country klm sites have offers too, nothing spectacular.... Still waiting for the real big birthday promo for those loyal dutch klm.nl bookers
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Many
See also : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...pointment.html
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KL803
The tickets are booked in U class (UACT0SW) = no FB miles! GenevaFlyer is right, the offer is practically useless!
From France they seem to be booked in V/N.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III
Ok, so it's a bit stingy w.r.t. miles but I'd still seriously consider a RT to AMS (from GLA) for €90, if my schedule permitted it! However: (a) I didn't get the email offer and (b) I've already requalified for PE this year (so it's just a matter of 748 miles not going in the bank, though I could probably get 500 miles by staying at an appropriate hotel).

Maybe I'll have a look at the KL website, to see if I can find the offer!

-- Henry
There aren't any birthday offers ex-UK. There are some good ones ex-DE. The U fares still qualify for level segment's though.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Me too, I got the email too late in Switzerland, was out all day. I tried rushing a booking between 23h30 and midnight, and was in the process of doing the booking when the clock struck midnight and the booking process went weird and kicked me out. It could at least have let me finish the booking, having started.

Glad I didn't book it, though, because it was for mid-January and I might not have been able to make the trip, though. I did see, though, that it seemed to book into N. But it also said No Flying Blue Miles Available. Nothing missed, I am quite sure. Isn't it rubbish and poor? There will probably be other silly offers.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:02 pm

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Originally Posted by hugolover
There aren't any birthday offers ex-UK. There are some good ones ex-DE. The U fares still qualify for level segment's though.
Are you sure? In my experience with 0 miles earning fares (some French domestic a few years ago), they didn't qualify for segments either. It seems like you have to earn some status miles to qualify a segment (or has this changed). I also seem to recall getting no segments on an OK fare that didn't qualify for FB miles.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by browserden
Are you sure? In my experience with 0 miles earning fares (some French domestic a few years ago), they didn't qualify for segments either. It seems like you have to earn some status miles to qualify a segment (or has this changed). I also seem to recall getting no segments on an OK fare that didn't qualify for FB miles.
I called KLM to check but when I realised it earned 0 miles I wasn't interested.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Ex-KUL

There's an ex-KUL fare to be ticketed by 15th OCT, for travel from 16th OCT to AMS/LON/CDG for around GBP 500 all in... but booked in V class.

Add GBP 100 if you're on the KL codeshared MH metal flight, or connecting via SIN.

Seems pretty good especially when one still gets 100% miles if credited to DL Skymiles.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Guy,

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
... booked in V class ... Seems pretty good especially when one still gets 100% miles if credited to DL Skymiles.
Not really ... as per DL website:
KLM: Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in D, G, E, V, N or W class
Until something changes there with the NW merger, V class on KL is not something you want as a DL frequent flyer.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi Guy,

Until something changes there with the NW merger, V class on KL is not something you want as a DL frequent flyer.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Not according to this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-resolved.html Well, at least not when the switchover happened anyway... and now I guess I am SOL unless I bank them under FB which I'll get 25% only! But better than nothing I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.