Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL 663/664 AMS/IAH Privatair reductions?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus GS
KL 663/664 AMS/IAH Privatair reductions?

After leaving KLM and FB and moving all my business over to CO I needed to dump around 500K miles, so I booked a few award tickets with Privatair to IAH.

KLM called this weekend to inform me that my flight had been cancelled due to Winter reductions and that the Privatair flights would not be flying the first week of January.

They booked me on the 662.

AFAIK KLM have never reduced these flights before.

I am not too happy, as I really enjoyed the Privatair flights. On the bright side, I love 747s.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond
This flight has been reduced in the past and is canceled throughout the year for scheduling reasons.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
it's a single plane with less than 2 hours turn around at either end. Not too much room for taking care of little issues like maintenance.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
it's a single plane with less than 2 hours turn around at either end. Not too much room for taking care of little issues like maintenance.
I always thought that Privatair had 2 BBJs that they rotated through their network for service/maintenance issues. Though it would make sense to cancel a week around New Years for maintenance.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:57 am

99% of the time they use the same plane. If it gets cancelled, there is never a replacement aircraft, the pax just get rebooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.