Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

when to buy jet blue tickets for March 2010

Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

I am new here to this board and new to flying. I would like to know when would be the best time to buy my plane tickets for Jet blue flying to Orlando Florida March 31st 2010. I see that they have tickets available now, but at the price of $209.00, Please help me and let me know if I should wait until the price go down or is the price going to go down.

Thanks a bunch and happy flying to all
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
To Orlando from where?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
To Orlando from where?
Sorry about that from JFK (New York)
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
You can always buy the ticket now, and if you notice a drop in fare, call up JetBlue and they will issue a credit for the difference.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by seanherron
You can always buy the ticket now, and if you notice a drop in fare, call up JetBlue and they will issue a credit for the difference.
But the credit is for future jetBlue flights, not back to the original form of payment. Not horrible, but also not perfect.

The $209 price isn't great but that is peak Spring Break time. I'm not sure how much better they'll get.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 24, 2009 at 7:31 am Reason: added comment on fare
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
The current sale is for $89 JFK-MCO, for travel until Dec 16th. With JB/Virgin I usually follow the sales and look at the end of travel time. The next sale may be for travel until Jan sometime, then Feb, then March. $209 definitely seems high this far out for a mid-week flight (even for spring break) so I would probably wait.. but then of course there are no guarantees..

Alternatively, Delta is $110 OW right now, if that price works for you and you want to be sure, then get it. Of course you don't get quite the same service as JB (TV/snacks etc).
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanherron
thanks, but I am not a frequent flyer and I would not be using the credit because I don't fly often. This is the first time I am flyer ever. So I don't think the credit would work for me. I think I am going to wait until Dec/Jan to purchase the ticket - hopefully it will go down because $209 is a little too steep.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.