Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What JBLU Did Not Tell You About the $599 Pass

What JBLU Did Not Tell You About the $599 Pass

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
I happen to use the windows application because I find it easier to navigate but there are others: http://www.jetblue.com/help/timetables/.
actually, I agree and think that is more accurate since it lets you select different dates so you are not looking at just one month as in pdf one.

But overall I think the OP is right in that Jetblue did not tell clearly that for WAS market they will eliminate the morning flight in September. Pretty inconvenient for some folks if it affects your options connecting. But still overall there is little to complain if you consider that others did not get a chance to get a pass, like me for example, waiting too long.....

Last edited by LilZeppelin; Sep 9, 2009 at 9:20 pm
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
But overall I think the OP is right in that Jetblue did not tell clearly that for WAS market they will eliminate the morning flight in September.
What part of "Here's our schedule for the fall, those of you in the WAS market will note you're SOL" could have been more clear?

Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
One can only expect a schedule release on the airline's website for more than one month at a time, if the airline is serious. Criticism towards the OP I find rather distasteful and misplaced, when the schedule information on airline's website is not easily available for a longer than a month at a time.
The pass started selling 3 weeks prior to when it could be used. It is the OP's responsibility to check availability and frequencies on the route that he plans to use the pass for the most. The schedule information can easily be found on jetblue.com.

These frequencies have been in the system since mid-June, as has already been pointed out. JetBlue certainly didn't yank these frequencies 3 weeks before the flight was scheduled to operate.

As far as scheduling integrity is concerned, since when is it a bad thing that an airline plays around with its schedule to match demand with capacity in the name of turning a profit? Isn't it better than over-serving a market and wasting resources that could be used elsewhere? (Do note that JetBlue was the only major US airline to post a profit last quarter.)
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by keepreosellinas
(Do note that JetBlue was the only major US airline to post a profit last quarter.)
ummm.. AS, FL, US, & WN all posted a profit.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Igotmybigboypantson
ummm.. AS, FL, US, & WN all posted a profit.
You're right. But nonetheless, my point still stands.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:29 pm

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by jmr50
As a very regular IAD-JFK traveler (weekly), I must say that B6 has been screwing with the schedule like crazy this year. Flights come in and out like mad - I've bought / schedule changed / refunded / rebooked the same flight at least three times this year in three different months because B6 can't figure out if they want to serve this market or not. I get that it's been a tough year, and I get that maybe this isn't a compelling stage length for them, but I'm tired of getting dumped onto a totally unsuitable flight after my opportunity to buy a competitively priced flight on Another Carrier has already passed.

That said, it still beats CO IAD-EWR
If you are otherwise happy with our service, please drop a line to Talk to Us at Jetblue.com! I am becoming quite confused by management's strategy; they tell us internally we are focusing on business customers, and yet we operate with little schedule integrity. I'm not certain if marketing, revenue management, and senior leadership actually talk to each other; they certainly aren't listening to us as employees.

In the meantime, thanks for your business so far.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Aewanabe
If you are otherwise happy with our service, please drop a line to Talk to Us at Jetblue.com! I am becoming quite confused by management's strategy; they tell us internally we are focusing on business customers, and yet we operate with little schedule integrity. I'm not certain if marketing, revenue management, and senior leadership actually talk to each other; they certainly aren't listening to us as employees.

In the meantime, thanks for your business so far.
Just a quick non-employee's perspective... It seems like they want the best of both worlds (leasure and business). We've seen the addition of business markets in the last 18 or so months like ORD, SFO, and LAX (even though neighboring dots were already served on the last two) as well as BOS to BWI and MSY. However, in the last several months, we've seen the addition a large amount of Carribean destinations. You may business men on those routes but chance are that they are going for vacation like everyone else on the plane and not for a business trip.

The biggest thing that attracts business people is frequency and diversity. I can't say 1x daily to SEA and 2X to IAD is real helpful.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:11 pm

Since I used the IHG deal to book all my hotels, I'm canceling about 30% of my JB all you can jet flights. Since the IHG deals include air travel. I'm taking those flights instead since they all go non stop instead of routing through a JB hub. Sucks that I forgot to do that for todays flight. Too late to cancel it for today and the JB flight will get me there 2 hours later than the flight I had with expedia that I'm no showing for. I wish there wasn't the 3 day rule.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:18 pm

what is the ihg deal?

where is the thread for the ihg hotel deal?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:42 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Two guys took it seriously: Over 43,000 miles so far; averaging about $17 a flight that would have cost over $10K apparently. They are getting some play on ABC, Twitter, Facebook, etc., and spending a few hours taking showers, sleeping on land, or having fun.
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26720&src=news
"Thousands of Dollars of Flights for $600
ABC News - Tue Sep 29, 8:31 PM ET
Two guys take advantage of JetBlue's flat rate promotion."

... and they still have 8-9 days left...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyzabit
Two guys took it seriously: Over 43,000 miles so far; averaging about $17 a flight that would have cost over $10K apparently.
I'm so jealous. I've only managed to put 14K miles on my pass thus far, though I still have this coming weekend to finalize. The "over $10K" number is one of those that could really be anything. Yes, the tickets would have cost WAY more than $599 to buy at any point in time but they could have been $99 or $399 each, depending on when they were purchased. I wonder what metric they're using to value them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.