Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, EVA
Don't forget the taxes and fees

Obviously, they can't just give these away, so taxes and fees will be charged for international and Puerto Rico, just so you don't get toooo excited. Still, potentially great deal.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I think I should add one note. Whenever a business sells distant future services for cash up front, you should attempt to verify that the business is not on the verge of shutting down. Such sales are often initiated as a desperate grab for cash.

In this case the travel period ends on October 8, and the stock market appears to like JetBlue's chances for a much longer haul than that. So you would appear to be quite safe with this purchase.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Well, of course. Otherwise you could earn more in point value than the pass costs.

Speaking of which, back in the 1980s Eastern sold senior travel passes for about $1300. You could fly once per week for a year. I met a guy who bought two passes so he could fly a round trip each week. For the entire year of 1988 he earned triple miles on his pass travel: hundreds of thousands of miles! That was a pre-FT classic hot deal.
And miles were worth more in the 80's

Of course, we know what happened to Eastern
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by nsx
I think I should add one note. Whenever a business sells distant future services for cash up front, you should attempt to verify that the business is not on the verge of shutting down. Such sales are often initiated as a desperate grab for cash.

In this case the travel period ends on October 8, and the stock market appears to like JetBlue's chances for a much longer haul than that. So you would appear to be quite safe with this purchase.
This is interesting though. I just went on to their site JetBlue.com and try to "book" a flight between San Diego and Burlington, VT. It seems the calendar for departures and returns CAN NOT be book pass August 28,2009.

Strange?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDCA
This is interesting though. I just went on to their site JetBlue.com and try to "book" a flight between San Diego and Burlington, VT. It seems the calendar for departures and returns CAN NOT be book pass August 28,2009.

Strange?
Strange, indeed, but sounds like an issue on your end. I can book well into 2010 on my systems.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by sbm12
Strange, indeed, but sounds like an issue on your end. I can book well into 2010 on my systems.
Ok. Now it works passed Aug. 09'. But still strange is that when i click on the "date to leave" or "date to return", the calendar that is displayed is Feb 09' instead of the current month of Aug 09. I have to keep clicking the arrow til the current month or later shows up. No big deal about that but just strange.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
anyone know what the booking class restricitons are on this? is it any seat?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:55 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by entropy
anyone know what the booking class restricitons are on this? is it any seat?
Last seat availability. ^
Old Aug 12, 2009, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDCA
Ok. Now it works passed Aug. 09'. But still strange is that when i click on the "date to leave" or "date to return", the calendar that is displayed is Feb 09' instead of the current month of Aug 09. I have to keep clicking the arrow til the current month or later shows up. No big deal about that but just strange.
Is the date on your computer correct?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 5:19 pm

Exclamation Last seat availability?

But still, unlimited flights with last seat availability.

This e-mail was sent to [email protected]. If you would like to unsubscribe from future JetBlue mailings you may Unsubscribe here.We're sorry but email sent in reply to this message will not be answered. If you have questions, please visit the Help section at jetblue.com. JetBlue Airways, 6322 South 3000 East, Suite G10, Salt Lake City, UT 84121.

JetBlue Unlimited Flight Pass Abbreviated Terms:

*Offer ends 8/21/09, or earlier at JetBlue’s discretion. Pass includes unlimited coach class air travel for one person on JetBlue-operated flights between any cities in the JetBlue route network. Valid for travel between 9/8/09 and 10/8/09. Each flight must be booked no later than 11:59 pm MST 3 days prior to the flight’s scheduled departure. Changes or cancellations of flight bookings made after 11:59 pm MST 3 days prior to the flight’s scheduled departure will incur a $100 change/cancel fee. “No shows” for flights will incur a $100 fee, with Pass suspension until fee is paid. Passes may be used only to book new travel and may not be applied to existing reservations. Travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Passes may not be used for code share or interline flights, Getaways packages, Cruises, Gift Cards, or other products and services. Pass does not include taxes and fees applicable to international or Puerto Rico travel, including without limitation (a) Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way, (b) September 11th Security Fees of up to $2.50 per enplanement at a U.S. originating airport, (c) Federal Segment Taxes of $3.60 per domestic segment (a segment is a takeoff and landing), (d) in the case of international travel, government fees and taxes of up to $127.60 each way, and (e) in the case of Puerto Rico travel, a US Departure Tax of $16.10 each way. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of travel booking. Passes are non-refundable. Passes and Pass travel are non-transferable. A second bag fee of $30 applies. Other restrictions apply; see Terms and Conditions for complete details. © 2009 JetBlue Airways

In reviewing the T&C, I didn't see specific mention of last seat availability. Instead, I did see the above text in red, which may or may not mean last seat availability.

What is the definition of "seat availability"? Normal booking inventory, or a more restricted inventory akin to TB award seats.

__

Upon seeing this offer, I hope B6 does not pull an Air Florida, which offered such a pass just before they went out of business.

I've used the Eastern Airlines Unlimited Mileage fare twice, and the similar USA fare when it was offered--flew something like 48 flights in 22 days for ~$320 (that was not a pure MR, but actually a way to see many, many cities for sightseeing purposes).

I probably ate that much value in airline meals then.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Wow, if they had more than 2 daily flights out of HOU (both to JFK before the work day ends), I'd definitely jump on this deal. But with my vacation days limited, it doesn't make sense to buy this if I can only go to places on Saturday morning.

Or, as my wife says: "If only you were retired."
Old Aug 12, 2009, 5:35 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Globehopper
In reviewing the T&C, I didn't see specific mention of last seat availability. Instead, I did see the above text in red, which may or may not mean last seat availability.
It's not the T&C, but http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....102&highlight= says:
Pass holders will have access to every available seat on every flight with no blackout dates, and can book travel up to three days prior to departure through October 5(a).

a) Offer ends 8/21/09, or earlier at JetBlue's discretion. Pass includes unlimited coach class air travel for one person on JetBlue-operated flights between any cities in the JetBlue route network. Valid for travel between 9/8/09 and 10/8/09. Each flight must be booked no later than 11:59pm MDT 3 days prior to the flight's scheduled departure. Changes or cancellations of flight bookings made after 11:59pm MDT 3 days prior to the flight's scheduled departure will incur a $100 change/cancel fee. "No shows" for flights will incur a $100 fee, with Pass suspension until fee is paid. Passes may be used only to book new travel and may not be applied to existing reservations. Travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Passes may not be used for code share or interline flights, Getaways packages, Cruises, Gift Cards, or other products and services. Pass does not include taxes and fees applicable to international or Puerto Rico travel, including without limitation (a) Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:14 pm

Is the date on your computer correct?
Oh my god i am such a ditz. No, the date on my calender is still Feb for some reason. Just got a new NetBook by Acer. Still learning from it.

Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Does anyone have experience with what the range of international taxes are on JetBlue's destinations?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:36 pm

Too bad I can't take a month off and take advantage of this deal !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.