Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Award flights JFK - Long Beach and/or LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

These are city pairs I have never looked to use an award ticket and it is very difficult to find a pair of days that work over the next few weeks for a round trip flight (i.e. no seats available). Are these routes always like this or have I chosen a bad time to look for free seats?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium), HH Gold, AA Exec Platinum, Avis Presidents
I use almost all my reward flights (8 this yr) for the JFK - LGB/LAX routes and generally do have difficulty using them for flights on Fridays/Sunday's, especially for evening Friday departures at JFK and daytime Sunday departures from LGB/LAX. Sunday redeyes are a bit better.

I have had more luck recently at LAX (instead of LGB), but I would suggest checking BUR as well since that is in the area.

The other route I have always had difficulty in are JFK-SEA, but I think that is more due to the limited # of flights.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by ScottNYC
I use almost all my reward flights (8 this yr) for the JFK - LGB/LAX routes and generally do have difficulty using them for flights on Fridays/Sunday's, especially for evening Friday departures at JFK and daytime Sunday departures from LGB/LAX. Sunday redeyes are a bit better.

I have had more luck recently at LAX (instead of LGB), but I would suggest checking BUR as well since that is in the area.

The other route I have always had difficulty in are JFK-SEA, but I think that is more due to the limited # of flights.
JetBlue does control the number of seats that are available for rewards. JFK-SEA flights are the hardest and such routes like NYC-MCO are easier. The more seats for seat, the more seats that can also be put up for awards.

JetBlue officials have admitted its all about revenue control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.