TrueBlueGal - TrueBlue Insider

Old Nov 6, 2008, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm glad that the program works for you. A couple thoughts...
Originally Posted by tiwenzo
EVEN WITHOUT MY CARD. If I flew SEA to JFK 3 times a year I'd get 72 pts. And if I flew SEA to LGB 2 times a year I'd get 32 pts. That gives me 104 pts while only flying 5 roundtrips. If I only flew SEA to JFK I would only need to fly roughly 4 times a year and if I only flew SEA to LGB I would fly 6.25 times. And if you're flying short legs, don't complain.
The point accruals you've noted only work if flights are booked at jetblue.com. Many companies require employees to book through a corporate travel portal so the numbers would be halved. Just worth noting, though it certainly doesn't affect everyone.
On my Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan to get to 25,000 miles I would need to fly from SEA to JFK 5 times a year based on miles accrued, however any other major domestic carrier charges a lot more for the fare. And even though on Southwest they give it to you after any 8 roundtrips, I don't like flying on a bus making stops to drop people off and spending an extra 2+ hours on a plane.
The notion that the fare is always cheaper on JetBlue is a false one. And you've clearly made a choice that non-stop is more important to you than cost or FF program. That is fine, but it should not be used as a justification for the FF program being better than it really it.
I think my travel falls under "common experience" and is very reasonable to be considered a frequent flier. I don't understand why you make the comparison for a family of four to fly as unreasonable. If I were to fly 4 people with any other mileage plan it would take me 100,000 miles, so tell me how long that would take to accrue.
On a legacy airline the points start accruing at a 1.5x rate after the first 5 transcons and at a 2x rate after 10 in a year. If one is really flying that much the accrual isn't the problem.
And if it's about the 1 year policy, yes it's not as sweet as Southwest's 24 month policy, but it is supposed to be a FREQUENT FLIER PROGRAM. And this is one which I don't find to be so difficult to achieve.
I'm sure I could hit the 100 points too if I tried, but I've found that other programs have a better return on the investment of my time/money based on the rewards I want to redeem. The one year expiration and forced issuance of the rewards precludes someone with your travel pattern from saving up enough for two flights and still having a reasonable window to use them in. That's pretty rough for anyone who doesn't want to travel alone, much less with kids.
Again about your hypothetical: If your monthly frequent flier flew another airline it would take him just as long or longer to acquire 4 roundtrip tickets and so I must assume your problem is that you cannot acquire them in the 12 month timespan? I don't know any other airline you can earn 4 RT tickets annually any easier.
Please see my note above. Assuming 24 points and 5K miles for a transcon r/t (rounded for the sake of easy math), after 5 trips you have 120 points and 25K miles. After 10 trips you have 240 points and 62.5K miles. After 15 trips you have 360 points and 110.5K miles. The former is only three reward seats; the latter is four reward seats.
And if earning them over 4-5 years to be able to take that trip then TrueBlue is not for you or can be easily with the AMEX.
Paying $200 in annual fees for the luxury of eventually redeeming points is not a smart investment. Of course, it is reasonable to assume that someone with the AmEx is using it for their spending, too, so they will earn faster.
Frequent Fliers are mostly people who travel on business and that's who all mileage plans are predominately aimed at. That's why I have an Alaska Airlines MP that I have always had and which will let me accrue miles forever for that one trip I really want to go on.
Do you really have only one? I have lots of trips that I really want to go on. That is the main reason I need a more flexible program.
On another note too: I do think however that I should be allowed to choose when I want to change my trueBlue points into awards. I should just be allowed to retrieve them in 50 or 100 point increments if I have a JetBlue AMEX. I can see how this can be a problem with just mileage holders because of the expiration. And I only wish this because of the expiration of the reward tickets. I like to save it for a spontaneous trip or that really expensive one, usually ends up being both. But I always manage to use it within that year anyways.
This is one of my major annoyances with the program as well. Some years I don't necessarily want to redeem my points for a trip. Being forced to use them or lose them in that way isn't customer-friendly, IMO.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue
This is great stuff- you guys ROCK!

Reading the dialogue between you all is making me even more anxious and excited for the new TrueBlue program! Although I am unable to disclose specifics just yet, I believe our new loyalty program is going to be just what both business and leisure travelers have been waiting for! While some aspects will be similar to other carriers, there are going to be some major differentiators. The things you dislike (like points auto-rolling into Awards) are also things we dislike. We feel frustrated by our current system limitations because we live to make you happy and are painfully aware that some aspects of our current program make some of you unhappy! Keep sending the feedback! I love learning all your points of view as well as your traveling styles and look forward to sharing your thoughts with the program developers!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MP, JetBlue TrueBlue, Virgin America eleVate, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Originally Posted by TrueBlueGal
Reading the dialogue between you all is making me even more anxious and excited for the new TrueBlue program! Although I am unable to disclose specifics just yet, I believe our new loyalty program is going to be just what both business and leisure travelers have been waiting for! While some aspects will be similar to other carriers, there are going to be some major differentiators. The things you dislike (like points auto-rolling into Awards) are also things we dislike. We feel frustrated by our current system limitations because we live to make you happy and are painfully aware that some aspects of our current program make some of you unhappy! Keep sending the feedback! I love learning all your points of view as well as your traveling styles and look forward to sharing your thoughts with the program developers!
Do you think that there will be a possibility that awards already given will be able to be extended or changed back into points?
Old Nov 8, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hey TrueBlueGal,

Question -

I have reservations to fly from JFK to Vegas in February. I just noticed they added a new flight later in the morning. This is a much better time for me to fly out. As the flight was not available when I made the reservation would JetBlue allow me to switch flights without paying the $100 fee?

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by TrueBlueGal
Reading the dialogue between you all is making me even more anxious and excited for the new TrueBlue program! Although I am unable to disclose specifics just yet, I believe our new loyalty program is going to be just what both business and leisure travelers have been waiting for!
Please be prepared for some criticism. Whenever things change, some people like it and some dislike it. You're 10 times more likely to hear from the latter than the former.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Do you think that there will be a possibility that awards already given will be able to be extended or changed back into points?
To be honest it is still too early to advise on that one...good idea though!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Hey TrueBlueGal,

Question -

I have reservations to fly from JFK to Vegas in February. I just noticed they added a new flight later in the morning. This is a much better time for me to fly out. As the flight was not available when I made the reservation would JetBlue allow me to switch flights without paying the $100 fee?

Thanks!
Hello!

I do believe the change fee would be waived but any increase in airfare would still apply.

Have a great day!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Please be prepared for some criticism. Whenever things change, some people like it and some dislike it. You're 10 times more likely to hear from the latter than the former.
Oh yeah! I'm prepared! I'm pretty sure the only way to please everyone is to have a totally free-flight airline!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:31 pm

fare change refund credit and promotion/discount

Hello TrueBlueGal,

Question:

Can I get a credit if the fares drop when I purchased my flight using the AMEX $15 off round trip promotion?
Or once I used any discount code/promotion, my reservation is not eligible for any fare change refund credit?

Thank you!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why are we asking TrueBlueGal all these ticketing questions?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neuro0
Hello TrueBlueGal,

Question:

Can I get a credit if the fares drop when I purchased my flight using the AMEX $15 off round trip promotion?
Or once I used any discount code/promotion, my reservation is not eligible for any fare change refund credit?

Thank you!
Hello!

Unfortunately you'll lose the $15 off since the offers cannot be combined. However, if it is enough of a fare decrease, it may be worth it!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: trueblue
Bump for TBGal

truebluegal we would love to hear from you again? What is the latest status of the new program?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by billymach4
truebluegal we would love to hear from you again? What is the latest status of the new program?
I wouldn't expect her to announce any details of the new program until the PR machine is ready for them to come out. That sort of thing can get one in a lot of trouble and we don't want to lose her here.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: trueblue
Originally Posted by sbm12
I wouldn't expect her to announce any details of the new program until the PR machine is ready for them to come out. That sort of thing can get one in a lot of trouble and we don't want to lose her here.
Loose her? huh?

I would say she has already disappeared. She last posted here in November of 2008. Let me know when they reschedule her reappearance?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Well, Hello!

Wow there is so much I could tell you about the new TrueBlue program! But unfortunatley I do have to wait! I can say that it truly will be the product that you have been asking for. You can only imagine how excited we are to roll it out! As soon as I get any info that I can release- you'll be the first to hear it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.