Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

T5: October 1st (according to Barger)

T5: October 1st (according to Barger)

Reply

Old Aug 7, 08, 1:44 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MSY
Programs: Marriott/SPG (Plat) Delta (Gold)
Posts: 524
T5: October 1st (according to Barger)

Unless he was just guessing, from his CNN appearance on Larry King last night (according to the transcript).

"BARGER: Yes, it's a -- well, first of all, from our, again, our home in New York -- and we'll open a new terminal in about 60 days, October 1st, as a matter of, the new building here at Kennedy Airport."

If thats right, I will be using the new terminal after just 2 days of operation. I fly on the 3rd first as an originating passenger, and then that evening as a connecting passenger. Hopefully they've got it all working by then!
defiance96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 2:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY and Boca Raton, FL
Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 2,275
By coincidence, I am on a flight 10/1! I really hope mine is one of the first operating there that day, would be pretty cool!
jetBlueNYFL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 3:05 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,144
I think the first flight to arrive in the new terminal will be flight 90 arriving from Oakland at 523AM. It was mentioned on a.net that the ribbon cutting ceremony will be held on the 22 September. 1,000 people will be recruited to do a test run through the terminal in advance of the opening. Smaller groups have already been run throughs or will be soon. All of the monitors and equipment have already been tested.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 4:54 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 376
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
I think the first flight to arrive in the new terminal will be flight 90 arriving from Oakland at 523AM.
AFAIK, it's flight 98 from DEN arriving at 5:24 am, though that could have changed.
caphis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 6:04 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,027
Hard to believe that this slipped out so nonchalantly during the interview like this. The JetBlue marketing machine is usually so good at managing the message and getting it out on their schedule and in their time-frame. This being the first public official statement (that I've seen) just seems amateur in some ways to me. That being said, I now need to start planning for an all-nighter on 9/30 to hang out and watch the opening/move and take it all in.
sbm12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 7:57 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL View Post
By coincidence, I am on a flight 10/1! I really hope mine is one of the first operating there that day, would be pretty cool!

Whilst it will be nice to get into our new terminal, I will be surprised if its anything but a cluster to start!!!
dietcoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 8:01 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Hard to believe that this slipped out so nonchalantly during the interview like this. The JetBlue marketing machine is usually so good at managing the message and getting it out on their schedule and in their time-frame. This being the first public official statement (that I've seen) just seems amateur in some ways to me. That being said, I now need to start planning for an all-nighter on 9/30 to hang out and watch the opening/move and take it all in.
Our marketing department has issues. They spent $13 on a failed ad campaign to tell people not to fly JetBlue. Did I miss something??? Perhaps this $13 million would have been better spent on internal communications software. Oh Yeah......HAPPY JETTING!!!!
dietcoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 08, 8:43 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Credit Cards
Posts: 3,008
we were delayed on one of my last few flights and all it said on the screen for a good amount of time was "Thank You For Not Flying"



Great... rub it in why don't you!

--Russ
TrueBlueFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: