Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue In Flight Entertainment - International Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Am a little bit confused on what I've read...am assuming I can ask her

Am off to the Dominican Republic this week and it seems that JetBlue has eliminated the free headphones ($1 charge now). No problem, as I'll have my ipod with me. But am I reading correctly that Directv is not available on my JFK/POP flight? What about satellite radio?

Also, since it is a 4 hour flight and my ipod only plays 2 hours worth of video before the battery dies, is there a way to charge it during flight?

And it appears that PPV movies are offered for a fee of $5. Anybody know what the August movies are for intl. flights?

Thanks ^
Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Best place to ask this question!

The DirectTV will be available for a portion of your flight. However once you get outside the dish's range the DirecTV will go out. The XM radio will continue to work for the entire flight. Since we have switched out of our Fox contract and went with all of the studio's we decided to charge for these movies as well as the new contract is more expensive. So movies on these flights are $5 as well unfortunatly. But to answer your question the Radio will remain active and allow you to listen in.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:55 pm

Movies for August are:

West/Southbound:

What Happens in Vegas
A couple married after a night of debauchery is brought together by a jackpot of money.

Leatherheads
A college-football superstar, drafted to play on a professional team, has it all—until his fiancé falls in love with the team’s coach.

Iron Man
When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.

North/Eastbound

Made of Honor
Hannah’s engagement leads her platonic friend Tom to realize that he is in love with her.

Kung Fu Panda
Po the Panda is the laziest animal in the Valley of Peace, but he unwittingly becomes the leader when enemies threaten.

Son of Rambow
Set in England, Son Of Rambow is a comedy about friendship, faith and the weird business of growing up in the early 1980’s.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Thank you!!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HelloExactly
Am a little bit confused on what I've read...am assuming I can ask her

Thanks ^
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

If you're really only getting 2 hours of video from your iPod it might be time for a new battery.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:43 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Welcome to FT! Also, you will have two hours of Times On Air and Broadway channel combined (ch. 41). I watched today on my SXM-JFK flight, and it was great. XM worked fine too. Reading a book with ch. 13 in the background is nice as well. JetBlue Features, as mentioned, is there for 5 bucks.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Movies for August are:

West/Southbound:

What Happens in Vegas
A couple married after a night of debauchery is brought together by a jackpot of money.

Leatherheads
A college-football superstar, drafted to play on a professional team, has it all—until his fiancé falls in love with the team’s coach.

Iron Man
When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.

North/Eastbound

Made of Honor
Hannah’s engagement leads her platonic friend Tom to realize that he is in love with her.

Kung Fu Panda
Po the Panda is the laziest animal in the Valley of Peace, but he unwittingly becomes the leader when enemies threaten.

Son of Rambow
Set in England, Son Of Rambow is a comedy about friendship, faith and the weird business of growing up in the early 1980’s.
I called the 800 number to ask this over the weekend, the gal there couldn't find it out for me, neither could her manager. She gave me the number for the airports I was flying out of, I called and left a message at one, no reply back. So thanks for unwittingly answering my question.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We are flying to Aruba Friday for the second time with Jetblue.

Last year, they provided the movies for free after the Direct TV feed ended.

Do they not do this anymore?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

I flew to Aruba in January and watched movies for Free each way...

I flew to Saint Martin in July and you had to pay for movies each way...

It was funny initially the flight attendant announced that the movies were complimentary, then she took it back and reminded everyone to pay the $5 soon to be able to watch the movie.

--Russ
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We are flying to Aruba Friday for the second time with Jetblue.

Last year, they provided the movies for free after the Direct TV feed ended.

Do they not do this anymore?
No, they don't. It changed when JetBlue decided to switch where they source the movies from, which was in the past couple months.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by fenfur
I called the 800 number to ask this over the weekend, the gal there couldn't find it out for me, neither could her manager. She gave me the number for the airports I was flying out of, I called and left a message at one, no reply back. So thanks for unwittingly answering my question.
It is usually buried in the company website but it is on the frontpage of the inflight website so I knew right where to go You can also head here and they are listed as well.

http://www.jetblue.com/about/whyyoul...esandMore.html
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
It is usually buried in the company website but it is on the frontpage of the inflight website so I knew right where to go You can also head here and they are listed as well.

http://www.jetblue.com/about/whyyoul...esandMore.html
Oh I was able to find that information easily enough. I wanted specifics of which movies were being shown Eastbound and which ones were being shown Westbound, and they couldn't answer that.

So for now on our LGB-AUS leg I am buying KungFU Panda for my 5 and 3 year old to watch, and on the AUS-MCO leg, they have 2 hours of Spongebob to watch, which means minimal carry on entertainment for me to lug around. Now let's hope everything runs on time and we don't get directed elsewhere (JFK ). Now, if onyl I had the movie info for our Sept return flight, lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.