Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
The only think that we really carry on board are the kiddy wings. But don't feel silly asking for a pair because I've had several adults ask for them for the same reason as you. They like to collect Airline memorabilia and every little thing counts.
I think I'd like to ask for one as well... maybe I could clip them to my new jetBlue hat, hmmmmm lol

--Russ
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
The only think that we really carry on board are the kiddy wings.
Will I have problems getting them through security on my next trip?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
What is the proper service on JFK-SLC

I'm wondering what is the proper # of times for drink/snack service? I got 1 drink snack and a water run. Personally I would think for a 5 hour flight that it should be more like 2 drink/snack service and a water run? So I wanted to hear what they are supposed to do. Ok the only reason I was counting was I was hungry because I didn't have a chance to pickup dinner at T6 before boarding.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I'm wondering what is the proper # of times for drink/snack service? I got 1 drink snack and a water run. Personally I would think for a 5 hour flight that it should be more like 2 drink/snack service and a water run? So I wanted to hear what they are supposed to do. Ok the only reason I was counting was I was hungry because I didn't have a chance to pickup dinner at T6 before boarding.
JFK-SLC should have the following service;

Full Drink and Snack after departure
Water Service 1/2 into flight
Full Drink 45 minutes prior to landing

+Snack bar should be set up in the rear galley for the entire flight
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Are they instructed to announce the snack bar in the rear galley at the beginning of the flight? Because I've never heard them do it (granted I don't travel much). I was unaware that was a daytime offering, I thought they just did that at night as to not wake up any sleeping passengers.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Some announce it so the customers will get the snack and drink themselves, and some won't announce it or just forget to announce it. We set up the snack bar on both the day and night flights.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Are they instructed to announce the snack bar in the rear galley at the beginning of the flight? Because I've never heard them do it (granted I don't travel much). I was unaware that was a daytime offering, I thought they just did that at night as to not wake up any sleeping passengers.
It is not part of our PAs to announce the snack bar. We used to have a nice sign that would go behind the cluster of snacks encouraging customers to take whatever but it appears very infrequently nowadays. We do, however, say in our current PAs to just ask if you would like something. That covers everything in a nutshell.

Last edited by JAX2BOS; Sep 11, 2008 at 4:38 pm Reason: something minor...
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:00 am

Talking Extra Seat

We are booked on 447 bos/tpa oct 26. 2 adults.
My question,I purchased the middle seat as extra seat faatwa,should I notify the F/A the I have the 3 seats for the 2 of us.The flight looks like it might be
full.

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by faatwa
We are booked on 447 bos/tpa oct 26. 2 adults.
My question,I purchased the middle seat as extra seat faatwa,should I notify the F/A the I have the 3 seats for the 2 of us.The flight looks like it might be
full.

Thanks
You shouldn't have to because on our paperwork, that we get from the gate, it has a section for extra seats that were purchased and were they are located.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: JetBlue Trueblue, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Continental One Pass, Holiday Inn Priority Club, Marriott
JetblueFA or anyone else,
Flying b6 Fri 11/21 to PBI from BOS. I will have a checked bag but also my laptop with a few magazines in it as well for my carry on. Question I have is, what should I do with my Nikon D40 camera? Is it ok to bring it as a carry on as well, as I love taking photographs when flying or is it better to pack in my checked luggage.

Question 2. Why no more key lime cookies, Those cookies are the best. I buy direct from the company website now to have them at home but last flight I was on from BOS-JFK the FA said only the choco chip will be served from now on.
Otherwise, you guys are awesome. ^^
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by AviationWx29
JetblueFA or anyone else,
Flying b6 Fri 11/21 to PBI from BOS. I will have a checked bag but also my laptop with a few magazines in it as well for my carry on. Question I have is, what should I do with my Nikon D40 camera? Is it ok to bring it as a carry on as well, as I love taking photographs when flying or is it better to pack in my checked luggage.
When in doubt, carry it on. It could get lost, broken or stolen. I'm not saying that's a definate but its always a posibility regardless of which airline you're dealing with.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Question 2. Why no more key lime cookies, Those cookies are the best. I buy direct from the company website now to have them at home but last flight I was on from BOS-JFK the FA said only the choco chip will be served from now on.
Otherwise, you guys are awesome. ^^
Because, you, my friend, are a minority . Most customers really did not care for those. On your next flight ask for a bunch, I'm sure one of us is MORE than happy to give you a bag
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Question I have is, what should I do with my Nikon D40 camera? Is it ok to bring it as a carry on as well, as I love taking photographs when flying or is it better to pack in my checked luggage.
Do not, repeat NOT check your camera, lenses or any other accessories that have any value. Just don't do it. When they are not there on arrival you will have zero recourse with anyone to recover your lost/stolen items. The TSA will disavow responsibility and the carriers all specificly exclude electronics from coverage in their CoC.

Just don't do it.

Carry it on. ALWAYS.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
Because, you, my friend, are a minority . Most customers really did not care for those. On your next flight ask for a bunch, I'm sure one of us is MORE than happy to give you a bag
I was excited to ask for then as we were flying to FLL (and then driving to Key West) but I found those cookies to be too sour for my taste. And so did a bunch of other people apparently.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Bring any electronic equipment onboard and don't check it. I'm almost positive that JetBlue will not cover any damage to electronics that are in your checked luggage.

As for the Key Lime cookies, there are still some floating around in the galley load outs. You are one of the very very few who actually likes them! The chocolate chip cookies are favored far more than the key lime cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.