Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any shot at getting a voucher for this cancellation?

Old May 30, 2008, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi all. I haven't flown this airline in years so don't know how things actually tend to work. Looking for some of your experiences about what is likely to happen in this situation.
My sister was scheduled to fly SYR-JFK-SLC last night. The SYR flight was eventually cancelled, after a wait at the gate (I'm not sure how long), supposedly bc JFK was not allowing incoming flights to land. As far as I can tell there was no major ATC meltdown; if congestion was in fact the problem, it was run of the mill congestion.
I assume this would be classified as an "uncontrollable irregularity" and that they will offer my sister bupkis. In fact, she had to pay for her own hotel in SYR last night. She's rebooked today.
Can anyone tell me whether JB is likely to offer anything for this or whether, if my sister complains loudly enough to the right person, they are likely to cave and toss a voucher her way? Or do they tend to take a hard line and it wouldn't be worth the hassle to complain? Any insights appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
PM me with your flight information... I will try and tell you whether or not you will likely receive compensation... ATC flow traffic management programs aren't completely visible to the passenger's eyes, there's a lot more to it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.