FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   JFK T5/T6 Tour 6/6/08 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/816524-jfk-t5-t6-tour-6-6-08-a.html)

flyingrox May 18, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm curious; what will the old TWA terminal be used for? Will there be resturants in their or is it just going to be used for getting up to the main terminal?

JetBlueFA May 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Nobody exactly knows what will be going on in the old TWA terminal. There will be some check in kiosks for customers not checking baggage but other than that I don't know. There was some talk of making it into some type of museum but I haven't heard anything further. I'm sure the question will come up on the tour.

JBLU421NYC May 21, 2008 6:58 pm

I am still waiting to hear back on my registration because I am really looking forward to this!

I also have heard rumors about the old TWA terminal being turned into a museum, I guess we'll see what happens. The progress on T5 is pretty incredible though, it has come together nicely, even saw a special a few months back on the Discovery channel about the construction and its difficulties. Can't wait to actually fly though T5!

B6AUS May 24, 2008 8:58 pm

I am almost 17, and I know that the registration said that you must be over eighteen. I was wondering if maybe there could be an exception, especially since this is a one in a lifetime oppurtunity. If my question is answered with a no, I completely understand.

sbm12 May 25, 2008 8:54 am

B6AUS - thanks for your interest in the event. Unfortunately I do not think that they would be that flexible in the age requirement. Also, I realized yesterday that the registration is now full and we actually have a couple people on the standby list at this point. I'll be posting the full attendee list here shortly and also sending another follow-up email to all who are in to confirm.

Seth.

Seat13c May 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by B6AUS (Post 9774432)
I am almost 17, and I know that the registration said that you must be over eighteen. I was wondering if maybe there could be an exception, especially since this is a one in a lifetime oppurtunity. If my question is answered with a no, I completely understand.

It's a definate no. Since it is still considered a construction site, most insurance companies/policies require you to be atleast 18.

N830MH May 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 9776319)
It's a definate no. Since it is still considered a construction site, most insurance companies/policies require you to be atleast 18.

He's right! He will not able invitations the tour at T5 but, it must to be required under age of 18 years old must to be taken own respsonibility with adult supervised, am I correct?

JetBlueFA May 26, 2008 8:22 pm

I was just in and out of JFK and will be again next Sunday, T5 is really coming along! I can't wait to see her in full operation this fall!

sbm12 May 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Attendee List

For those who want to know, here is the full attendee list. Some common names and some new ones; it should be a great opportunity to meet and talk and see the new facility. I'm still working on nailing down details on the meeting place; I'll share as soon as I have them.

Seth.

sbm12
decerbod
Seat13c
defiance96
Globehopper
admny
cpx
Case1096
baseline
mikesair
jaylenofan86
budtkaboy2000
JBLU421NYC
ScottNYC
APerez

We also have a standby list, so if you are not going to be able to attend please let me know ASAP so I can bring in a standby.

sbm12 May 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Meeting Location

The meet-up site for the tour has been set. We will be meeting at 10:30am in front of the Hudson News stand inside T6. If folks are planning on taking AirTrain to get out there it seems that there is a discounted AirTrain card available, according to Globehopper. We can buy a 10-pass for $25 (half price) and can use it for up to four people each direction. If folks are interested in meeting there I'd suggest planning to be at the AirTrain gates no later than 10:10 to make it into T6 on time.

Please PM me or reply to the confirmation email I sent out if there are any questions/issues.

jetBlueNYFL Jun 3, 2008 6:39 pm

I shared this with sbm12, and am proud to do so with the rest of the FT community: I'll be joining you all on Friday (as a Crewmember)! We have a great day planned for you. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Seat13c Jun 3, 2008 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL (Post 9822240)
I shared this with sbm12, and am proud to do so with the rest of the FT community: I'll be joining you all on Friday (as a Crewmember)! We have a great day planned for you. Looking forward to see you there!

Fantastic news!!! I'm looking forward to Friday.

FWIW, this will be my first FT-Do and it will be on my 2 year anniversary of joining FT. No better way than to do it with a JetBlue Do.

sbm12 Jun 4, 2008 12:42 pm

I got another reminder today in my email correspondance with JetBlue about the dress-code for the event. Remember that this is a construction site. No open-toed shoes or sneakers. And no shorts or skirts.

If there are any questions on specifics, PM me or reply to the emails I sent out.

S.

N830MH Jun 4, 2008 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 9822702)
Fantastic news!!! I'm looking forward to Friday.

FWIW, this will be my first FT-Do and it will be on my 2 year anniversary of joining FT. No better way than to do it with a JetBlue Do.

Excuse me, what about there is another time if I can be attendance a grand opening tour around in between August or September? :confused: How exactly I can be invitations a party new terminal 5 at JFK? Would you please RSVP someone for me. Thanks Seat13c. :)

Seat13c Jun 4, 2008 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 9829456)
Excuse me, what about there is another time if I can be attendance a grand opening tour around in between August or September? :confused: How exactly I can be invitations a party new terminal 5 at JFK? Would you please RSVP someone for me. Thanks Seat13c. :)

As to any grand opening parties or event, I have not been made away of any. I know as much as you do on that topic. However, if there is anything publically done or through FT, it'll be posted.