Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big Announcement in October???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Big Announcement in October???

As always, I'd like to add a touch of flavor to this forum. I no longer post on a.net for several reasons, but there is a rather long thread on there reagarding our beloved airline of choice, discussing rumors leading up to a possible *big* announcement in October

Here's the link:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...n/3612054/1/#1

It will be interesting to say the least to see what, if anything, comes out of this!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Most of the ideas in the a.net thread are terrible. A merger would be terrible for B6. My thought is that the E190 will be heading out west and they will use my idea on the "Dave and Russ comment on E190" thread-- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731695 --my first post in the thread about a SEA focus city.

My other idea for the big anouncement is that B6 will do...nothing and that this is just another a.net rumor like the B6 to Canada and Skybus new focus city at GSO.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:57 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Yeah, I agree that most of the suggestion on a.net are pretty far off, but just to add to the fun, I'll suggest a few (DISCLAIMER: these are not based on any actual facts, just my general observations and predictions):

1 - E190s move out west - Barger's been hinting about it for a while now, and it really makes sense to get away from expanding at JFK to starting to serve smaller markets in the Midwest/West Coast.
2 - A codeshare-like agreement with at least Air Lingus, possible more carriers - Neeleman's been hinting about this for a lot longer.
3 - Parhaps in conjunction with the codeshare agreement, an overhaul of the TrueBlue FF program? One that might allow for use of vouchers on partners would be my guess (obviously only if #2 happens).
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by prismwiz
Most of the ideas in the a.net thread are terrible. A merger would be terrible for B6.
The main reason nothing good comes out of that forum. A few of them may actually have some value. I haven't had any free time to listen to Dave's newest pocket session so I don't know what was said, but the rumors that have the most concrete are the MCO focus city and the 190s heading west. There has also been some rumors about the 190s being based at MCO and starting some caribbean ops.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:05 pm

About the merger deal.

That rumor was running rampant a few months ago at Jetblue. The rumor was that Delta wanted the new JFK terminal and to eliminate competition on many of the overlapping routes. Dave has come of against a merger in the past months saying that it is not where he wants to lead the company. The next is hearsay but in another forum Richard Anderson was quoted as saying that a merger with Jetblue would only add debt to, the recently emerged bankrupt, Delta and he had no plans to seek a merger.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
The main reason nothing good comes out of that forum. A few of them may actually have some value. I haven't had any free time to listen to Dave's newest pocket session so I don't know what was said, but the rumors that have the most concrete are the MCO focus city and the 190s heading west. There has also been some rumors about the 190s being based at MCO and starting some caribbean ops.
Yes, I agree with you. If B6 will even gets focus cities in MCO. B6 will even gets more connection to Caribbean flights instead MIA/FLL. It has nothing can do it from JetBlue. I'm sure JetBlue will have big news announcement sometimes within next month. I will figured out more specific information from B6 is based in MCO or FLL. I don't know which one will be taken.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:11 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
A.net can't have all the terrible "ideas" such as a jetBlue widebody.... I want to add one right here on FlyerTalk. Now that David is no longer the CEO, umm... First Class cabin being rolled out? I just up it from 0% chance of happening to .01% chance since David was the one that was anti first class cabin. Might as well, talks of blocking the middle seats a few months ago. Take out the middle seat of row 1 and 3, remove row 2, move row 1 back 18 inches... there, you now have 56" seat pitch.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
First Class cabin being rolled out?
Saw a B6 ad on tv last night - theme was "everyone's first class", so doubt it will happen. Ad was cartoonish like UA's ads, and pushed the IFE and legroom.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: B6,HH Diamond, Avis First
FA on recent JFK-SJU flight told me the big announcement is about inflight internet access.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Well, we're half way through October and still no "HUGE" announcement yet. Obviously, its cool that SXM and POP are coming on board. But, I don't see that a such a huge thing to warrant the rumblings going around. I'm starting to wonder if there is a huge announcement going to happen or it was just rumors.

Last edited by Seat13c; Oct 16, 2007 at 10:27 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: B6,HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Well, we're have way through October and still no "HUGE" announcement yet. Obviously, its cool that SXM and POP are coming on board. But, I don't see that a such a huge thing to warrant the rumblings going around. I'm starting to wonder if there is a huge announcement going to happen or it was just rumors.
It looks like the "huge announcement" was B6 going cashless effective Nov.1.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:44 am

There is no "BIG" announcement coming in October. This was simply another rumor started by the "teenies" at a.net. The company posted a response on our intranet site stating that nothing huge was in the works. Business as usual at JetBlue until we get refocused andthe investors back on board. Q3 earnings call will be next week tuesday.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
There is no "BIG" announcement coming in October. This was simply another rumor started by the "teenies" at a.net. The company posted a response on our intranet site stating that nothing huge was in the works. Business as usual at JetBlue until we get refocused andthe investors back on board. Q3 earnings call will be next week tuesday.
what about the announcement of jetblue applying to go to BOG? that's a huge step in getting into the S.A. area
Old Oct 16, 2007, 1:19 pm

While the South America announcement has a big step for us. I don't think it was the "HUGE" announcement people where looking for. I think people where expecting something along the lines of a midwestern city becoming a focus city or the announcement about 190s heading to the west coast or Orlando or something like that. I wouldn't expect an announcement along those lines until early or mid 2008. Remember in less that 10 months T5 in JFK is scheduled to open. That will be the "ENORMOUS" announcement for 2008 though.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
and..

To go along with what JetBlueFA was saying we have been told by senior leadership that no such announcement was going to be made and that it was simply that: Pure Rumor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.