Community
Wiki Posts
Search

coold this be true?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

coold this be true?

Jetblue will drop 1 nonstop flight from btv, pwm, roc to jfk each. And replace them whith 2 direct flights to roc (stoping at avp) and 3 direct flights to btv(stoping at alb) , pwm(stoping at bdl) each?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
I'm confused by the logic behind that. What's your source for that?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I highly, highly, highly doubt it.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by borya
Jetblue will drop 1 nonstop flight from btv, pwm, roc to jfk each. And replace them whith 2 direct flights to roc (stoping at avp) and 3 direct flights to btv(stoping at alb) , pwm(stoping at bdl) each?
While interesting as an e190 run, I think its an April Fool's joke.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:18 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
It's a little late for an April Fool's joke...
Yesterday, 4:21 pm
Regardless, I highly doubt that this will happen.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Whell it coold be april 1st joke becase i heard rumor on 1st lol. But what about albany scranton and hartford? coold those citys be started whith 2-3 flights each?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:06 am

Whell it coold be april 1st joke becase i heard rumor on 1st lol. But what about albany scranton and hartford? coold those citys be started whith 2-3 flights each?
I doubt it in terms of JFK service. If AVP, BLD, or ALB pop up on B6's radar, it would more likely to be out of BOS or IAD for regional service or any of the three with service to Florida.

However, I doubt we'll see anything at those three airports any time in the near future.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
... 3 direct flights to btv(stoping at alb) , pwm(stoping at bdl) each?
There is enough competition from both BTV and PWM to the NYC area that forced en route stops in ALB or BDL would hurt B6 badly.

I was in PWM this week (did not fly B6 to get there) and saw a local newspaper article quoting B6 execs as saying the PWM service was doing very well and exceeding projections.

I'm sure B6's presence was a major reason why I flew SEA-JFK-PWM-CVG-SEA on Delta for just $243 all in. Usually I have to fly into MHT to get fares like that while PWM is twice the price.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
There is enough competition from both BTV and PWM to the NYC area that forced en route stops in ALB or BDL would hurt B6 badly.

I was in PWM this week (did not fly B6 to get there) and saw a local newspaper article quoting B6 execs as saying the PWM service was doing very well and exceeding projections.

I'm sure B6's presence was a major reason why I flew SEA-JFK-PWM-CVG-SEA on Delta for just $243 all in. Usually I have to fly into MHT to get fares like that while PWM is twice the price.
Appearently PWM is turning into the market place to be. FL is starting up PWM-MCO service and that's in addition to their BWI service.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
PWM has been starved for service recently -- especially since MHT took off. PWM has NO mainline legacy flights anymore; the closest thing to full-size aircraft that call in are the B6 E190s (and I believe US Express puts one or two E190s in there too). Everything else is Dash-8s and Barbie jets to EWR, LGA, JFK, PHL, CVG, IAH and ORD. Nobody wants to do the 800+ mile run to/from CVG in a 2+1 EMB145, as I did last night... you're in that tin can for three hours, block to block, and it's awful. It's depressing when I think about all the 737s that used to call from ORD, PIT, etc. I think PWM is ripe for expansion.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220

So if half flights stop and half do not and there is 50% more flights is it bad think? Are there no body woold fly btwen hartford and portland. Albany and burlington? and if there is competion maybe frontier will do denver hartford portland? or even southwest do philadelphia-hartford-portland.
My former coworker use to fly hartford portland i think it was on twa.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
BDL to PWM, both medium size cities, is 3.5 hours driving. I don't see the demand being too strong.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there no body woold fly btwen hartford and portland. Albany and burlington?
I seriously doubt it. Those are driving routes. The traffic all wants to get to a connecting hub.

Well over 20 years ago, Piedmont had a nifty little hub operation at SYR. They had a gang of little F28 jets going to BTV, ALB, ROC, BUF, BDL, etc. and also down to DCA, PHL I guess, and so forth. Connecting at SYR was extremely fast and efficient and I guess they wanted to nail down the northeast US shorthaul business. But it didn't work out because driving in that part of the world is almost as fast and (at the time) a whole lot cheaper.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:22 am

When TWA had a hub in STL they flew STL-BDL-PWM. I believe it was only 1 flight per day but it went on for years. I think it stoped just before AA bought TWA.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyBDL
When TWA had a hub in STL they flew STL-BDL-PWM. I believe it was only 1 flight per day but it went on for years. I think it stoped just before AA bought TWA.
That makes a lot more sense than doing JFK-BDL-PWM. Out of JFK, you're changing a flight that's normally a little more than an hour or so into a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 trip (pending how long you sit at BLD). You'll lose JFK's PWM crowd if you do it through BDL, especially when's there is other carriers that do NYC-PWM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.